• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Titan .22 (Accuracy issues resolved)

Update: I will post pictures after I go shooting today of the rifle and some groups I shoot. Under 1" is all I look to do, We can't all shoot like Steve (AEAC). 

To start: I only have around 500 pellets through this rifle but, I would get the same issue every time I went shooting...

My rifle really liked Gamo Redfires (weird) and I could get 2 or 3 great groups of 5 at 25 yards and then...It would open up big time.

It would shoot 3 dead on then shoot one 2 inches high, dead on, then 2 inches low. I figured its me and I need to adjust my hold..

It was not me luckily, but I started shooting it over the Chrono and found pellets dropping over 100 fps then back up again. 

As soon as I would shoot it for a while it would somehow warm up and be fine. Let it sit go back and same thing all over again with every pellet type i had.

I shot H&N FTT, Gamo red fires, Crosmans, and JSBs. My dad made the discovery....

Clean the barrel..I think what was happening is I forgot to ever swab the barrel when I got it and that was in the warmer months (20 degrees now). And what would happen is the oil or whatever they use in the barrel to prevent rust would get gummy in the cold until several shots were fired warming it up and it wouldn't stick as much. Overall I shot the JSB 15.89g in 5.52mm head size excellent. Here's my ending information, and I forgot to take grouping pics but regular 1/2 groups at 25 yards with relative easy.

Average: 642fps

ES: 12fps (over 15 shots) (17fps over 25 shots) So it was consistent

SD: 3 !!!

FPE: 14.55 ft lbs

Scope: UTG Bugbuster 3-9x32

This may not be too useful for everyone but I saw that a lot of people own this rifle and it's a great deal (got mine for $100). If you are looking for a pellet to use for this rifle I have read a few that said it likes red fires so give them a whirl and it loves the JSB 15.89g at least mine does. CLEAN YOUR BARREL WHEN YOU GET IT! I use to make sure I did this and i must have forgot. This rifle is the lower power version they came out with and its a blast to shoot. My dads Walther Terrus is heavier, louder, and has that springer twang but its still a Terrus and its a laser beam. Overall I am very happy that with persistence I was able to diagnose the issue as my error rather than a gun issue. This thing has a full steel breach and barrel so with care it should last quite a while.