Benjamin Sheridan C9A Repair

Greetings,

I'm looking for some advice. My uncle died and I inherited his pellet gun. I ordered a new valve assembly and installed it. It still will not hold air. By that I mean no air will even get pumped in. I'm not sure where to go from here. The only thing I can think now is to replace the pump cup. Looking for any advice.

Thanks,

Nick.

I am watching your post as I also have a Sheridan that's about 55 years old, Brother said he sent it in somewhere and got the seals replaced 20 years ago and never shot it.

Gave it to me and It will not pump up, I want to send this gun in and have it fixed better than new, Maybe a steroid kit??? Or maybe just sell it I got a LOT of pellet guns...

Mike

Greetings,

I'm looking for some advice. My uncle died and I inherited his pellet gun. I ordered a new valve assembly and installed it. It still will not hold air. By that I mean no air will even get pumped in. I'm not sure where to go from here. The only thing I can think now is to replace the pump cup. Looking for any advice.

Thanks,

Nick.

Add some pellgun oil or automotive Alphabet org to the seals need lubrication work it in. Yo!

Sounds to me like you need a pump cup as well. If you have a new valve, and a new pump cup, that's really about all there is in the air department. 

You can try a few drops of engine oil stop leak on the pump cup and let it sit for a while. It's designed to swell rubber seals, and I've had it work before on guns. If you have some on hand try it. Won't hurt anything. 

Ain't much to replacing the cup though. Just drift out the pins for the end plug and it all comes out. A roll pin punch is real handy to have and will keep you from scratching the gun up from the punch slipping. Sometimes those pins can be a real bear. Check on new roll pins if you order the new pump cup. Might as well replace em if they are cheap. 

Thanks everyone. I'll order a pump cup. I did clean out the tube and greased up the new air valve when I installed it. It looks like there is already a bunch of oil on the pump cup side. I have not taken that side apart as I hate the roll pins. Thanks again! I'm also working on a Sheridan Blue Streak. Waiting on new seals for it. Getting excited!

Thanks,

Nick