Benjamin Sheridan 392 Questions.

I have wanted one of these since I was a kid I am in my 50's now and still love airguns. Are the ones they sell today as good as the old ones? Can these be made more accurate my mods like trigger etc. I am waiting for a custom PCP to be built and sent and I thought about buying one of these to play with in the mean time. AOA has these for $156.

Mike.

I own a Benjamin 347 which my wife gave to me on our first Christmas together MANY years ago. I installed an OEM Benjamin peep sight and the rifle was shot 5,000 times or so before it began to leak when pumping. I sat it aside for several years, but two years ago I pulled it out and rebuilt it. Another 2,000 rounds later and it still shoots GREAT! 

Last month at the Crosman shoot in Rush, NY I purchased a brand new Benjamin 392. I quickly ordered a Williams peep sight and than began shooting the rifle. It was very rough around the edges with an incredibly crude trigger pull, rough bolt-cocking and binding during the pumping action. After a couple hundred rounds I decided to try to make the entire pumping-cocking-shooting process smoother. All went as planned except I never got the trigger to where I expected it to be, but in all honesty I am not done with it yet. 

At around the 500 shot count my new rifle began to leak air when pumped. So I ordered a rebuild kit from Pyramyd Air and installed it. At that time I polished some of the valve internals and even more time to polish the hammer spring and hammer assembly again. The gun now shoots better than ever; much better than when new. Total shots to date is over 2,000 rounds and counting. To improve the trigger pull I am next going to install a super sear from AoA. Every time I shoot this rifle it reminds me of why I shoot at all - to have fun!

Reactions: Gundog