Benjamin Recharge compressor?

Not seeing many posts about this brown unit. Only I could dig out is a dollar value in par with Hill 300 and the Tuxing 032 costs visibly lower.
For a next year season I am tinkering how could I jump up from my YongHeng project compressor.
Re-filling 3 larger fireman tanks and that usually feels like a work party with YH, in the past 3 years a 65+ hrs was a decent stretch (until the battery kaput in the vibration meter). I rebuilt it 3x during these time, sometimes was my fault but still the material wears out quickly, and again these days I would need to do some surgery on the low pressure side.
I have just started this my investigation speculating what would be a next work horse, if I could justify the jump from YH.
Anybody can share stories?

I have the Benjamin ReCharge. I used it for almost 2 years when I think I broke it. Some compressors say to open the bleed valve while it's running in order to vacate some of the condensation that's building up and release some pressure, especially if it's been running for a long time. The ReCharge shuts off automatically after 40minutes and I always let it cool down before resuming filling my 2 large SCBA tanks. I never released pressure on my Benjamin while it was running before. However, once I did it a couple of times, thinking I was doing my compressor a favor, the compressor was suddenly no longer building pressure. I reached out to Benjamin customer service for troubleshooting tips and I got a response saying a rep would call me to help me diagnose the problem. Long story short, Benjamin did me a HUGE favor and offered to replace the unit. They said it never should have failed this early in it's life cycle and especially since it was only being used for personal use and nothing commercial. All I had to do was send the old one back to them. They sent a new compressor with new warranty. Amazing customer service!!
While all this was transpiring, I came across a deal on a Bauer that I couldn't pass up. So, now I run a Bauer and the ReCharge is still sealed as it was shipped to me. I'm in the northeast so one of my winter projects will be to sell off some of the extra things I've accumulated over the summer and the ReCharge will be one of them.

With my original YH I shot it down manually after each 15-20 minutes run and after cool down I started it up with pressure in the system. My user error not reading about it, still the YH survived the very first 20 or so hrs with that bad routine.
When I rebuilt it I started releasing the pressure - but after shot down.
Next time - coming soon - I will rebuild again, I will try to release the pressure before shot down. I want to see if that would make any change.

So, the ReCharge ... is that machine worth to consider? I can get one second hand unit an hour drive from home, but that would mean a new project again....

I was happy with my ReCharge. I never filled my guns with it, only my tanks. I have no idea what the expected life span of a YH or the ReCharge might be but, as you might expect, Benjamin Customer Support said the compressor should run for many years. They said, "Use a quality oil. Compressors are expensive and quality oil, in comparison, is cheap. Be sure to maintain the right oil level and definitely change it every year!!" I was fortunate to find a Bauer so I "should" have trouble free air for the rest of my life :) 🤞

Reactions: bigHUN