• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin prowler scope

So I’ve made an impulsive buy before research (dumb move) and got the Benjamin prowler nitro .22 w/scope. I used to shoot an old daisy iron sight and loved it. But this BP is getting annoying or should I say the scope is. I’m getting a bit swarmed by info and was wondering if anyone had any scope recommendations for the BP. I know it’s not the best air gun and understand I won’t be accurate ass others, I’m just wanting to have some fun but be on target with a scope that doesn’t bounce around so much. Thanx in advance for any info!

scope that doesn’t bounce around so much.

Well, not sure what you mean by "bounce around"..? And you didn't do bad getting 1. For what it is, hard to beat at its price. Over my crono they shoot anywhere from730-780fps out of the box with 14.3 CPDM. With stock scope set up right most will shoot a dime size hole at 20 yards all day long

Bought many of these Prowler air rifles for young shooters as gifts. Set them up fine with stock 4x32 scope. Scope works fine for what it is.Out of at least a dozen of these rifles, did get 1 defective scope that was a total blur from the get go, Crosman sent out a new one within a week, no return needed.

Just got 6 of these at Walmart for the kids Xmas presents for $25 each. Only 1 left now...

Key on these spring guns is the artillery hold, or else you'll never have any consistency...

Prowler.1609093291.jpg

I have a UTG Bug Buster on mine and have no issues out to 45yds. That's actually one of my favorite budget break barrels. You can also tweak the trigger to make it much more friendly. Search YouTube for Benjamin Trigger Mod. Mine loves Crosman Hollowpoint Domes and JSB or AA Domes. Try putting a cloth in between your gun and the sled. Let the gun gently rest on your shoulder, not drawn up tight, see if that helps.

Happy shooting!

Hi, Bob,

A couple things-

Check to see that the screws holding the action to the stock are snug-they tend to vibrate loose and this will destroy accuracy.

Try different pellets-I'd suggest Crosman Premier or Benjamin domes or hollow points (available locally), JSB 13.4s or 15.89s, H&N FTTs or RWS Superdomes (available online)

Make a pencil mark on the scope to see if it's sliding in the rings and make one on the gun to see if the rings are sliding. The recoil tends to move the scope back towards the shooter. If the scope is moving, You won't be able to hold zero.

Try resting the gun on something soft like a beanbag or bag of rice. Try putting your hand between the gun and the rest, many springer/gas ram guns don't like to be shot from a hard rest.

Good luck,

John

I'm using a UTG mount part number DNT06. This is an 11mm dovetail to Weaver / Picatinny rail adapter. It mounts to the dovetail on the Prowler but provides a picatinny rail for standard scope ring mounting. The screw hole on top of the rifle is for the stop screw on the rail mount. It prevents the rail from sliding on the dovetail mount. I also like this mount because it compensates for the barrel droop of the rifle bringing your scope elevation more in alignment with the barrel. Other wise the impact point of the pellet will likely be a foot too low and you may not have enough elevation adjustment in your scope to correct the problem which leads to another problem. Google air gun barrel droop for more info. 

I had the same problem. Using a bench rest to sight in a pellet rifle was a bad idea for me. You would think the more secure the better, but not with a break barrel rifle. One reason is the recoil is moving the rifle before the pellet can leave the barrel. Unlike a fire arm where the projectile is moving at 2000 FPS. Also make certain the screws securing the stock to the rifle are tight. Google air rifle artillery hold for more info