• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Never saw one of them before and I have been bow hunting since 1989, sort of like cheating if you ask me but it is one really cool air rifle that's for sure! Should be called an Arrow Rifle and not an Airbow because it is nothing like and has nothing to do with a bow. Had some bison that my friend shot last year, all I have to say is YUM!

Here is one of my bears with a bow, a true giant :eek:)

Kudq0aP.jpg

From their site:

Unless otherwise indicated, game may be taken with longbow, crossbow, or any caliber handgun, rifle, shotgun (10 gauge or smaller), or airgun. Be safe and choose the appropriate method for the species.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/hunting-trapping-and-shooting-sports/hunting-trapping-regulations/general-information

They list airguns as usable on Coyote, Wild Boar, Goundhog, Squirrel, Ruffed Grouse, Cottontail Rabbit, Ring-Necked Pheasant, Chukar, Bobwhite Quail, Fox, Raccoon, Skunk, Opossum, Weasel, and Crow. 

Looks like just not on Turkey or Deer.

Yes, airguns which includes the airbow are legal for nearly everything except deer, turkey, and migratory birds in Ohio. There is a member of AGN that is working to provide data to the DNR to get airguns(big bores .357 or larger) listed as legal for deer. Based on my talks with the dnr, if airguns do become legal, the airbow would be lumped in with regular pellet/bullet shooting airguns and either legal during muzzle loader season or possibly regular gun season. I don't see any advantage of the airbow over a bigbore??

I am all for big bores!! Just no use for one unless Ohio allows them for deer. If they do, I will be building or buying one asap!! I do all my other hunting with airguns now and really enjoy it. Groundhogs, raccoon, squirrels, pest birds, coyotes, and fox. My higher powered .25's and my .30 are perfect for the above out to and in some cases past 100 yards.

Ya, I would pass on the airwolf for hogs as well. I never took airguns serious in regards to harvesting anything bigger than a squirrel for a very long time. After shooting a few groundhogs and seeing how well a solid head shot anchored them out to 50 yards with a 40fpe .25 I started to give much more credit. I took a coyote with a head shot at 65 yards with that same 40fpe .25. I have been hooked every since!! I now have a 53fpe .25, 68fpe .25, and a 74fpe .30. I now have 2 guns that are still making over 40fpe at 100 yards and very accurate. I spent most of my varmint hunting shooting small to mid bore centerfires and out as far as 700 yards. Shooting airguns at 100-150 yards reminds me of long range work with my centerfires. Calculating wind drift and all things associated with making precise shots with an airgun is my joy in airgunning!!