• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin New Kratos shoots all over the Place Not A clue

I have an Akela, and the barrel had a very tight choke. So tight I couldn't get my cleaning jag through it. The groups were not very good. I ordered a new barrel from Crosman and it was much better. It has a tight choke too, but not nearly as tight. With the new barrel, I get one hole groups at 30 yards too.
Good luck!
Mike

Mine did that when I first got it out of the box and tried to shoot the domed crosman pellets that came with it. I tried the crosman premiers and it shot ok groups out to 40 yards, I've since switched to the fx 18.1 grain and slowed it down to 880 fps last time I shot a group with it I believe I put 4 shots in a half inch at 60 yards. How ever after the 4th shot mine still wants to double the group size but 1inch isn't bad at 60 yards for what I want to do.

Finally tracked it to the Magzines tehy damage the skirt if the lever is hard to close
the Pellet is already damaged
One Magzine the brass pin fell out so i bought another it has a crack where the pin is
already noticed it when loading dont quite know how to approach that problem
just yet when I am shooting ihave to jiggle the Magzine to get it to feed easy
the Pellets I am using is Premier 14.3 Hollow Point around 720 FPS I am including a photo of the
crack in the Magzine

IMG_0622.JPG

i have 6 mags, and there is a variation in mag thickness, if theyre hard to push in the opening it can cause binding and misalignment .. about the only solution to that if indeed it sounds familiar, is to disassemble the mag and sand on the black pieces a wee bit to bring it down a couple thou to a nice free slip fit ..

Did you clean barrel? My Akela barrel was filthy when I got it. Probably took 20 patches to get clean. Shoots one hole at 25yds
I went back and Cleaned the Barrel made a video but it exceeds what I can Upload The only way I could put them in one hole would have to be at least 8 inches I have 2 Avengers that will stay 1/2 inch at 25 meters 27 1/ 2 yards

LCURRENT80​

the crack in the mag looks like one of mine that I wound up the mag than slipped out of my fingers and slammed against the pin. My bad. But if your mag is hard to wind up you can take it apart and reduce the spring pressure on it. A lot of mags have to much spring and don’t tighten the center bolt to tight or the mag will bind.
good luck

LCURRENT80​

the crack in the mag looks like one of mine that I wound up the mag than slipped out of my fingers and slammed against the pin. My bad. But if your mag is hard to wind up you can take it apart and reduce the spring pressure on it. A lot of mags have to much spring and don’t tighten the center bolt to tight or the mag will bind.
good luck
That is the way it came with the Crack

Have you tried shooting without the magazine? Did the rifle come with a single shot tray?
I did I loaded it with Tweezers no better I just shot 150 more the more I shoot it the better i like the Avenger
just shot it also much much better using 14.3 Premier hollow points
I tried Slugs 22 gr Hybrid F X they were just all over the place

Thanks Larry

I have an Akela, and the barrel had a very tight choke. So tight I couldn't get my cleaning jag through it. The groups were not very good. I ordered a new barrel from Crosman and it was much better. It has a tight choke too, but not nearly as tight. With the new barrel, I get one hole groups at 30 yards too.
Good luck!
Mike
Is the one Hole group, every one in the same Hole ? if shooting at a X one shot per X I have not been able to do that

I had some trouble with wandering POI, and I designed a barrel band that uses an o-ring between the barrel shroud and the band. It grips the air tube tightly, but just barely touches the shroud.
It has made the groups much more stable. I can leave it in the safe for weeks and take it out and be right on target. Yes with one hole groups about .3 to .4 inches at 30 yards.

LCURRENT80​

good luck
I took some balistol and cleaned the openings were the pellets go in, wound the mag and all is good. hope this helps.