• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Maximus

Well, I ordered a Benjamin Maximus directly from Crosman and it arrived this evening. It was shipped in the standard air gun box that you would see on a store shelf, no outer box for protection. I noticed a small hole in the box and didn't think much of it. I opened the box and noticed the bolt was missing. The bolt went through the box during shipping and was ripped clean off. No sign of it anywhere. I guess I'll be calling Crosman in the morning. I was hoping to try it out on my day off tomorrow. They really need to work on the packaging for shipment. 

"ztirffritz"That does seem odd to me. Mine was delivered in double boxes. Is it possible that the outer box was lost in transit and the shipping company just tried to complete the delivery? Every gun that I've ordered from Crosman has been shipped in double boxes actually.
No, it was shipped directly from Crosman in just the single box. The shipping label and packaging list were affixed to the outside of the box. 

KevMCK1,
​I am sorry about your disappointing start with the Maximus. I think you will find the Maximus very likable once you get a good one. I recently installed the "crystal ball" mod on mine. According to the mod, you will soon install a brass trigger, second barrel band and a TKO to yours (before eventually capitulating and purchasing a Marauder). Best of wishes; and welcome to the dark side. ;)

"addertooth"KevMCK1,
​I am sorry about your disappointing start with the Maximus. I think you will find the Maximus very likable once you get a good one. I recently installed the "crystal ball" mod on mine. According to the mod, you will soon install a brass trigger, second barrel band and a TKO to yours (before eventually capitulating and purchasing a Marauder). Best of wishes; and welcome to the dark side. ;)
I actually already own a Marauder. That is what I use for Field Target. Great shooting gun. I'm competing with and out shooting people with rigs that cost 2-3 times more than mine. 

I'm getting the Maximus for my kids and wife to shoot. The Marauder is too heavy for them. I've heard good things about the accuracy. I'm going to play with the trigger a little bit. Brass trigger upgrade would be nice. 

I bought both a .177 and .22 Maximus for my wife and kids for the same reason. I had built a .177 regulated Marauder for my wife, but it was entirely too heavy for her let alone the kids.

The brass trigger is a nice upgrade, but adding the Challenger/Gen1 Marauder trigger makes the Maximus and Discovery very sweet guns. I did both of ours as I knew from previous Discoverys I had done that it makes the gun so much better.

A common upgrade is the "disco pack". It includes brass trigger, a couple of screws to make the trigger adjustable, a lighter trigger spring, and a second barrel band.
Link:
http://alliancehobby.com/discopack.htm
Another very popular addition is manufactured by TKO. Order from the area labelled "section 1", recommend 6.5 inch.
Link:
http://www.tko22.com