Tuning Benjamin Maximus won't cock

I'm relatively new to air rifles. Bought the Benjamin Maximus back in May of this year and have shot a little over 2,000 pellets through it so far, This morning I was out squirrel hunting and when I took aim at a fox squirrel and fired it sounded like the rifle made a popping sound and I felt some air blow back and hit me in the face, Now it won't cock. Did I blow a seal or something? The only thing I can think of that might have happened is normally you push the bolt up, pull it back to cock the rifle, and then you push it forward and down once a pellet is loaded. I'm wondering if I inadvertently bumped the bolt and maybe it wasn't in the "down" position when I fired.

I'm wondering now what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Blowing any seal in the gun would not prevent the bolt from cocking.
Have you installed a hammer spring adjustment screw to increase spring pressure? If you’ve adjusted the hammer spring in too far it won’t allow the bolt to travel backward far enough to catch on the seat.

Otherwise, I would suggest cleaning the trigger group and lubricating it. The trigger and sear may be dry or gummed up and sticking, not allowing the sear to grab the striker. Clean and lubricate the bolt, hammer spring, striker and the inside of the tube that they go into. Use silicone oil as your lube. Check to make sure the bolt o ring is where it should be and is in good shape. When reassembling make sure the sear is down so the striker engages it correctly. 
There are small springs and bits and pieces in the trigger assembly and things must go back properly as they came out, if you are not confident in your ability to go through the rifles working parts call Crosman and have them service it for you. I think Baker Airguns services them also. High pressure air is very dangerous and not something to gamble on if you aren’t competent in that type of work. 

EA8FFF32-9F0F-49F2-B4E2-036A12510231.1640296426.jpeg
 This is what it looks like in there. Very easy to work on. First you got to push the safety out To take the action out of the stock. I take a tiny jewelers screwdriver and push on that little spring behind the safety which will allow it to pop out.You can see the hole in this picture where the safety goes through with the spring behind it.