Tuning Benjamin Maximus leaking air

Hi. Quick question, I've never done anything to this rifle except fill it with hand pump and shoot it. If there's a preventative maintenance lubing, I haven't done it.

So it typically sits with air pressure in the green for weeks on end, and I usually just give it 20 or 30 pumps when I'm going to use it. I never run it under the bottom green level, and it always stays. Rifle is 2 years old. I always keep it in the house in the bedroom.

So today, I got it out and for the first time ever, the air pressure is in the red. Not bottomed out, but way down from normal. 

Bolt was in closed position.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Using the hand pump for filling you have probly have introduced a lot of moisture into the gun so a teardown and reseal may be needed

But before you go doing anything that drastic, actually not to difficult a task as the guns are very simple, you should find the leak.

The main leak I have found on my Crosman guns has been in the fill port area.

You can spray some soapy water on the front fill port or dip it in a container of water to find leaks there. Dry and oil it afterwards so it does not rust.

Put a balloon or rubber glove over the barrel, with the action closed, to check for a valve leak. 

I had the same thing on my Maximus, it was the foster adapter on the gun. One of the things I read to help that was to put a drop of the silicone oil approved for pcp on the adapter right before filling it to help prevent moisture damage to the valve. If it isn’t the adapter, then it is time to check the gauge, and then the valve with the balloon test. It is easy to call and get the new fill adapter from Crosman, it comes as the entire cylinder end piece with new o-ring and all.