• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Maximus .22 Stock results

No one will really care for this data but...I just got a chance to finally test my Maximus in stock form before I start to mod it. Results below:

Pellet: JSB 15.89g

Fill pressure: 2000psi - 1300psi

AVG: 821fps

ES: 4%- 36fps (I think I calculated it right lol)

FPE: 23ftlbs

1.  810
  2.  810
  3.  829
  4.  830
  5.  837
  6.  835
  7.  836
  8.  827
  9.  833
  10.  828
  11.  820
  12.  813
  13.  803
  14.  808
  15.  801
    [/LIST=1]

I purchased this rifle to play with and I wanted to document it's stock performance. I have to say it did amazingly well for stock, I think crosman did a great job on out of the box performance. I wanted to try some 17g NSA slugs but it's not strong enough and I'd rather see shot count. So my goal is to get this thing to shoot 25-30 shots at the minimum 14fpe that I will drop too. I ordered a power adjuster and a .038 hammer spring which I am hoping to be able to tweak and get my shot count without a reg. Like I said it's simply to play with so I have no real expectations other than fun. I will say I truly fell in love shooting it, I think the lightweight is what won me over. Overall I'm happy, and impressed by stock form. At least I know if my mods fail, I can use it stock lol. 

@silentsquirrel No problem! I'll be sure to update once I have my data. I was going to do the .042 as well but I have a feeling your going for power lol. Make sure to update on your outcome with that set up as well!

@DeutschKSK I purchased this rifle to build and play with purposely. I have other PCPs as well but thank you, I'm glad your liking the fortitude their great guns!

Have you guys considered just getting a fortitude? I have one and it’s a low powered rifle good for pesting small game to 50 yards or so. Lots of shots, adjustable power, and regulated. 

Matt

Hello DeutschKSK

I did consider a Fortitude; and was impressed by it.

Good value for the money, most certainly

However, as an iron sights shooter, it did not fit the bill.

Ed

Here is a post I sent on another site just for Comparison. 

Received my .22 Max Wednesday. Gave it a good cleaning and shot it over the crony. From the factory with a 2200 fill, it’s getting 24 shots from 832 up to 874 then back down to 826. Using the inexpensive Walmart 14.39 hp Crossman Primears. It was dark out. So I turned on the porch light and sighted it in at about 15 yards. Took it up to the cabin and shot a couple Red squirrels between deer hunts. I added a revamped LDC that I had lying around. It’s quit and pretty accurate. But it is long. I ended up filling to 2000 for 16 shots. Starting at 870 up to 874 and back down to 847. Good enough for now.

@quad82 Sounds like yours was shooting just about the same if your using 14.3g pellets as I'm using the heavier JSBs. Nice to know they seem to be really consistent from the factory bit seem pretty maxed out for power output in their stock form. I slapped a TKO on mine last night and WOW what a difference it makes. Now if my hand pump didn't just die last night I'd be okay lol. PCP struggles 😔