• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder vs Hatsan Flashpup

Ask yourself what type of shooting you do most.

I personally don’t like most bull pups but if I were a off hand hunter, walking about, I’d choose a Vulcan Gen 2 or any true ambidextrous or fully lefty one.

As far as Marauders I’ve had 2 or 3 of each caliber. Why? Because I got refurbs for as little as $125-350.00 and they were able to shoot good for their barrel pellets as well as multi thousand dollar guns I babied. 
Only regret I have is selling my Greg Davis tuned 23.75” LW .22 

Im with you ! I’ve narrowed my search down to the Benjamin marauder .25 ! All I can say and probably what folks are going to tell you on here is to do your research and read read and read ! That’s all I do and for what I want to do ( plank . Medium game hunt ) up to 100 yards MAX ! for the price! the Benjamin marauder.25 cal is what I’m Focus on now. I’ve already found a fill station At my local scuba dive shop instead of buying a tank they will rent me one For the weekend for $12 the tank not fiberglass it’s your standard scuba tank so for being a weekend shooter It will stand in my garage ! its not bad ! they also have a program that I can rent to own my own personal scuba tank If I want for $250! So since I’ve got the gun , the Fill source out the way now it’s time to work on the accessories little by little and enjoy shooting the gun. Figuring out what you need and what you want to do is a process that has to go in some sort of order . 1- How are you going to fill your gun? What gun you can afford to shoot and also by pellets, scope, accessories , bipod ! What caliber you want ? On and on ! So that’s Pretty much what I went through for months ! good thing about that Is you can tell how much you enjoy the sport because you keep digging and digging and reading and reading to get information and the whole process it’s just that much more rewarding and satisfying. At least it was for me ! Now let the shooting begin! enjoy the process! Just make sure you’re going to be happy at the end !!! Good luck! 

Yep, the Marauder is most likely what alot of us cut our teeth on when venturing into the pcp world. It is primarily a very good hunting rifle and it's target capabilities are not bad but I wouldn't try to stack it against a very high end target gun. At some point you have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. But as a first pcp and a hunting rifle, it would be hard to find it's equal. I have taken hundreds of squirrels and rabbits and possums with mine. If you are a little handy with tools you can also find tons of modifications for the Marauder to make it a better gun than you bought both for hunting and target. Hope this helps. 

I’ve already found a fill station At my local scuba dive shop instead of buying a tank they will rent me one For the weekend for $12 the tank not fiberglass it’s your standard scuba tank so for being a weekend shooter It will stand in my garage

If its regular alu tank, its gona be 3000 psi. You not gona get 1 full fill from that tank. You still gona be able to shoot some, but it's not gona be much, especially in 25.

Marauder in 22 here. Have an Impact but won't let go of the Marauder. Good trigger, easy to work on. That's a biggie for me. Added a regulator and now shoots within about 15 fps no matter what. fully adjustable, and lots of people have them so can help when you have questions. Great support forums.

Never had a Hatsan so can't say anything about them, but the marauder is a tried and true platform

I’ve already found a fill station At my local scuba dive shop instead of buying a tank they will rent me one For the weekend for $12 the tank not fiberglass it’s your standard scuba tank so for being a weekend shooter It will stand in my garage

If its regular alu tank, its gona be 3000 psi. You not gona get 1 full fill from that tank. You still gona be able to shoot some, but it's not gona be much, especially in 25.

A 3000psi scuba tank can work OK for a Marauder. The standard Marauder is not regulated. Unlikely that you would want to fill it to the full 3000psi. The shot curve is often best between 1500 and 2500psi.

I have a .25 Mrod and a .22 Flashpup. I love the Mrod’s power set around 47 fpe. But with the stock and scope I have on it, it’s heavy for me to carry. Both rotator cuff repaired. The Flashpup is light and nimble. And at 39 fpe, It’s my go to squirrel gun. If you can, get a 4500 tank. The 3000 one is fine for the pup. But the Mrod does use the air if you are target shooting. There are always other options. But between the two, I like the pup. But I would never part with the Mrod. So much fun to mod and learn with.

Not exactly correct...

When a scuba tank gets its hydro its filled to 5000-6000psi and expansion rate is noted as part of the hydro test. Many/most good newer tanks or good very old tanks will pass test with low expansion rate allowing for a 10% service factor. What that means is now a shop is legally allowed to fill the tank to 3300cold psi. So most shops fill to 3400psi (when legally allowed) hot, to allow for cool off psi drop...

My local hydro shop charges $5 for a fill, a fill is included with a $29.95hydro. After last fill my tank cooled to sFL temps and had 3420psi. I always end up with over 3300psi.

I own a .22 and a .25 Mrod, great guns that can keep up with many guns costing 2x. Can fill my 22 at least 8 times before scuba tank gets below 3000psi. And even then, a 2900-2700psi fill is fine on a mrod. I mostly fill to 2900-3000psi and shoot down to around 2000psi. And if it goes down to 1700psi, wouldn't hesitate to take a pesting shot that will hit dead center head and will pass thru the head of a nutter no problem. The highest fps on my 22 is at 1700psi. With a 3000psi fill my 22 Mrod will do 6+ mags that are fine for pesting. My .25 is more air hungry than the 22, but if you tune it for what you need and no more its not to bad, 25-30fpe is more than enough for small fur bearers <50yards ime.

So to summarize, a scuba tank filled legally to 3300psi will give you over a dozen fills to 2700psi, with at least half those fills at 3000psi.

IMO a scuba tank is a ok option for an Mrod, considering its the cheapest, most durable, longest lasting, can get at least a dozen good fills and used tanks are cheap. It is heavy though compared to a SCBA.

Never owned a Hatsan but shot a few of them. They seem like a great gun also but have no real long term experience with them like with the Mrod...

jmo

Does this look about right ? This is a tank I’m looking at on amazo 
1572743012_7110260985dbe27645a3c24.31974773_9429992F-F1FB-41B5-8B3F-0263E4828311.png
1572743013_11042154815dbe27653d74a9.53939998_9ECE5C33-1751-4410-B083-5864AB385A04.png