Benjamin Marauder rifles still popular??

Oldchuck - Welcome to the club. I spent most of my shooting life on powder burners. Got into airguns with the Marauder and highly recommend it as a learner gun. It's fully adjustable, which most guns aren't (jury out on avenger quality, but, I'm hoping).

Things in Powder Burners I took for granted, just don't work the same here, like ballistic calcs. much loopier trajectory, gets blown by the wind, you name it. 5.56 shoots straight and wind effects at 100 yards is minimal. Pellet guns, much more of a challenge. Maybe that's why I like it. I can't hide behind the power of a PB.

To be honest, the reason I got into airguns was the quiet and lack of recoil. I have MD, so the recoil really did a number on my shoulder and i had a terrible flinch. Airguns, no problem. Nowhere near the power, but sure has the fun factor!

Saltlake, Thanks as they do indeed seem more challenging than powder guns.

The ability to have quiet pest control that does not travel 3/4 mile or more drew me to them. I have a nice little CZ 452 .22 with Leupold that is about as quiet when shooting CBee's or CCI Quiets especially when it is suppressed with a sparrow. Yes, it is legal. Had thought maybe moving the sparrow to my next airgun since I do not shoot the .22 rimfire in my neighborhood because of the distance the rimfire carries with a missed shot or pass through.

The airgun world like powder firearms is a slippery slope and hope I have enough time to learn what I am doing while I can still function with normal activity..

Noticed your user name. Not sure if that is where you live but we lived in Utah(Ogden and the Liberty valley) in late '70's-mid 80's. Was very pretty then and hunted a lot..

Then moved to SE Alaska for 20 years but that is another story..

I've had a few marauders, done some of the mods, etc. Some guys love working on airguns, some just love to shoot them and have them work right. If you are the latter, I would recommend getting the Hill matched parts kit. It has a matched valve, hammer and regulator that you just install and start shooting. Not only will your gun be regulated, it will be more efficient. It ain't cheap, but it will save you hours and hours on the workbench, and you would be paying for at least a regulator anyway, and likely the other parts as well.

https://hillairgun.com/store/

I bought my Marauder in 2010 the minute Crosman installed the Green Mountain barrel on the .25 cal.. Many suffered thru the earlier .177 and .22 models and spent alot trying to fix them. There was a fella in Arizona making a nice some of money tuning and putting LW barrels on them on those early Mauraders.

I hunt with mine and It competes with my 850 HPA rifles that have lasted 10 years as well. My Discovery .22 has a slow leak now, so that is my first leaker.

Just had to post this. Started out as s .25 armada.. now, side lever , war valve , mds hammer, speed dial, boyds stock.. I have hit 1.7 and 1.9 efficiency with 33 grain swagged slugs. 40 to 90 ft lbs, the most versatile and easy to maintain gun I own. I have 800$ in it including original cost. The marauder/armada platform is awesome.View attachment 103669
Can someone make that same power in a Marauder?