• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder pistol, as a pistol

1701P or 1720T will be more accurate if you are only target shooting and get way more shots. 

A 1701P with the 0.067 Crosman Challenger TP is a perfect 25-40 yard pistol IMHO in overall pistol balance. Or even leaving it alone 450fps or bump it up (via easy hammer spring adjuster) to 550fps would do just fine where it's not offensive to shoot without a TKO (or cheaper Airgun Universe with or without front sight option) silencer since you tend to like your stuff short.

Get the P-Rod if you want to kill things as a hunting pistol instead. It's bulky Like the larger 1720T less off hand balanced as a pistol compared to the 1701P.

I own pretty much everything imaginable.

The AP16 is the easiest to shoot as a pistol even with a Belita at the end since you probably don't need it silent but good enough. It's easier to shoot as a pistol compared to my HW44s with their rather offensively long proprietary silencers that aren't removable unless you bought them from KRALE or Balistas or imported thru Tony at Penchetta as an EU FAC model that is actually removable which seem equally as accurate at 50 yards. The housing unscrews off but the cone at the end of the barrel is permanent at the end of the US version HW44s and I own both versions. Doesn't matter since the removable LDC non US version requires an Allen wrench to remove the set screw it's not a thread on anyway.

If you want the best most comfortable most accurate shooting pistol money can buy then get the Steyr LP50 HP and have AZ build a custom LDC for it or hunt down Eddie Do who made a threaded adapter for it.

OR!

If you want a really quiet semi auto pistol the Discontinued FWB P58 semi auto is crazy quiet even without a silencer probably the quietest PCP pistol I have ever shot. Only thing it's purpose built not high power but a rapid fire Olympic grade competition pistol good to only 25 yards whereas the Steyr HP is good till 50+ yards.

I can get into most comfortable 10 meter single shot pistols too if that's your goal to find the most comfortable off hand pistol.

The Listone Victor (copy of the AA Alpha Project) for roughly 1/2 - 1/3 - 1/4 the price depending on the grips and options. Seems to be as accurate and well balanced as the originals. One of mine has an exceptionally light trigger probably 3-4 ounces.

The originals (AA-CZ) cost $799 and worth it IMHO and already has the nice grips. 

The Hatsan ATP1 and ATP2 are great even being Hatsan made guns.

The P-Rod is a huge pistol. I would say ponderous, and hardly a handgun. You won't enjoy shooting it offhand. A 1701P is a much better choice for offhand shooting, and is a handgun. Here's a photo of a 1720T (same size as a P-Rod) and 1701P for size reference. 

1720T and 1701P.1611154793.jpg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Starting to lean toward the AP16, Compact.

I like the Colt Government grip angle, so...I'm starting to look away from the steeper grip angle guns. Like the Glock. I have one, it sits more than it gets shot. Gotta check the barrel for spiders before I shoot it. 

While I've seen people talk about it, where do I find the short silencer that I see a few have ? Or is it a European item only thing. Forgot where, but I saw one in one web site, but...it's EU only. Have only seen this one site that has them (I'm in the US).

Mike

The "shorty" version of this pistol is PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT as pistols.

Like comparing a Crosman 1720T vs 1701P. The smaller 1701Ps are PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT as pistols. It's one of my favorite pistols believe it or not and it's SO ACCURATE it's kinda CRAZY even my 2300s co2 super accurate (WELL they DO have Lothar Walther Barrels fitted on them by CROSMAN) and SERIOUSLY? they are EVEN CROSMAN MADE GUNS who would have think?

The P-Rod is a huge pistol. I would say ponderous, and hardly a handgun. You won't enjoy shooting it offhand. A 1701P is a much better choice for offhand shooting, and is a handgun. Here's a photo of a 1720T (same size as a P-Rod) and 1701P for size reference. 

1720T and 1701P.1611154793.jpg

☝ YUP!!!

OH and the super accurate custom P-Rod double tube I bought from you with RAI AR collapsible and side folding stock years and years ago still kicking!

All black AP16,Compact.

I ended up with the AP16, Huma silencer, with a Holosun red dot. I had a SeeAll sight on it, but couldn't get it to adjust far enough down. I oddly enough "swapped" the Holosun for the SeeAll on another gun. Both guns are now happy with working sights.

The AP16's trigger was a little, not quite right when the gun was cocked (worked fine, when not cocked), but with some adjusting got it nice and smooth.

So far, I'm liken this gun, hard to put down. I've already run the air tank dry one time by not paying attention to the pressure, just shooting..!

goshawk - I like that bullpup stock shown above. Plain, simple. But a quick search showed nothing available. Do I need to look harder or are they out of production ?

Mike

How much do those Rapid-70 conversions cost? I keep thinking a Prod is in my future but I really like the idea of having a bullpup. I was first turned on to PCP watching Ted shoot a bullpup, and thought that was the direction I was going. Never really materialized for me as some very good deals came up and I jumped on them. We just had overtime released at work so some extra cash is starting to come in and I would love to reward my 10 hour days with a nice bullpup.