• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder De-pinger V Debouncing device. Same thing?

The depinger is a device installed in the air tube to stop the "pinging" noise when you shoot. The debounce device is for the hammer to stop multiple valve stem strikes due to bounce. The two are definitely different although both reside within the same air tube.

☝️

That...totally different things for different purposes

Depinger: noise and vibration

HDD: is to avoid the hammer strikes several times the valve (bounce in the valve) wasting air, generating vibration too

Both might help in the harmonics tho.

You don't need a depinger if you have a regulator. Depinger is to stop the ping sound due to the hollow air tube when you shoot. A reg inside the air tube will help plus give constant shots. A hammer denounced is to reduce the hammer sticking the valve after it's already hit the valve. This helps to reduce wasted air. There are many hammer denounced. The best I know of is the ssg. I forgot what ssg stands for but it's way better than the HDD aoa sells.

Reactions: Blankshot17
You don't need a depinger if you have a regulator. Depinger is to stop the ping sound due to the hollow air tube when you shoot. A reg inside the air tube will help plus give constant shots. A hammer denounced is to reduce the hammer sticking the valve after it's already hit the valve. This helps to reduce wasted air. There are many hammer denounced. The best I know of is the ssg. I forgot what ssg stands for but it's way better than the HDD aoa sells.

Trying to understand this as I've heard it mentioned before. 

So you don't need a de-pinger because the regulator takes up space in the reservoir and therefore changes the harmonic to a level where a de-pinger is not needed?

Thanks in advance

Karlo

SSG = Spring Stopping Guide

Being involved with the Early R&D of the devise have adapted it to every PCP I own. The REAL data mine on the many design one can configure an SSG is contained over at the GTA forum.

When running regulators in M-rods ... after the #1 reg install is #2 ... using a MUCH lighter hammer. Again LOADS of data on that too.