• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Benjamin Marauder Bullpup for Field Target?

Anyone using a Marauder in bullpup form for field target? I’m thinking of getting one and putting into a Steve Corcoran stock. I’m curious about what opinions y’all might have.

IMG_4855.jpeg

Reactions: davhowrd
Many PCP's can be excellent FT rifles ... So Long As:

* No POI shift happens with tank pressure or temp shifts
* You the shooter can hold / support and shoot it accurately in the classes afforded miens ( Seating, Support aids etc .. )

Bull Pups as a whole are MORE difficult to FT shoot because there Short and offer a more compact placement of shoulder to fore stock.
As such there a lot wigglier unless your hold posture/support miens is very well worked out :unsure:
Personally been there and done this shooting a .177 TAIPAN vet ... tho it is NOT my primary FT rig, but a RAW Tm1000 Long gun 🇺🇲

Last edited:
Scott Hull does excellent with his bullpup.

True bullpups are my preferred field guns and I have shot several FT matches with them, an FX M3 and Akela.

The Akela would outshoot the FX M3, more consistent velocity, no POI shifting. Akela .177 today can be had for $450 and are easily tuned to 20 FPE.

I am now using a long USFT, very steady.

I've shot a Veteran quite a bit in field target matches, as well as a BRK Ghost. The Ghost isn't as hard to shoot well with as a 25" Vet Short, but a loooong USFT is the easiest one of the three, when it comes to keeping those crosshairs where I want them.

All three of my examples of short, medium, and long are very accurate shooters, but longer is better for field target. Granted, I've won matches with the short little Vet too, so your idea of using a bullpups/marauder based platform isnt "wrong". And I bet you'd have a bunch of fun shooting it in a match.

I think you may have the Marauder rifle and the Marauder pistol mixed up. The Marauder in the Corcoran stock in your first post is a .22 caliber Marauder pistol. You COULD shoot a FT match with it it, but in stock form it's nowhere near the 20 fpe limit for hunter AND only gets about 28 or so shots between fills.
As stated in a post above, NOT a good choice for FT.

Reactions: Motorhead
Anyone using a Marauder in bullpup form for field target? I’m thinking of getting one and putting into a Steve Corcoran stock. I’m curious about what opinions y’all might have.

View attachment 421871
Do you currently own any 177 airgun that could be used for FT?

We'd be happy to share how we feel your current equipment might be up to the task.

I'm selling a fully tuned MRod with a LW barrel and Huma reg just in case you were looking for something.

Cam

Reactions: qball and FF112173
Do you currently own any 177 airgun that could be used for FT?

We'd be happy to share how we feel your current equipment might be up to the task.

I'm selling a fully tuned MRod with a LW barrel and Huma reg just in case you were looking for something.

Cam
I only own a Gamo Shadow 1000 springer. I’m just a beginner at the young age of 50 but have shot USPSA events for many years. Just very new to air guns. What is an “MRod”? Pardon my ignorant.

I tried to use a Marauder in a bullpup stock actually 2. I had one in a Craftsman Vit stock it was okay. I also used a Rapid 70 stock much better trigger system. I have found the bullpup platform great for hunting. but for Field Target I just could not get it to settle down for me on sticks. I also could not get the stock to rest on my should so I was having to hold it up also a reason I could not get it to settle down on sticks. It was great in standing but not in Kneeling. That was my experience. I actually would like to sell the two stocks if anyone is interested.
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: FF112173