Benjamin Marauder barrel option

Eaglehorn, im mainly a springer guy. R9 and an HW30s. I also have a Daisy 853, BEN392 and i just picked up a Diana Trailscout c02. I was thinking of getting an HW97, but i keep wondering about the Marauder. I just hate the idea of a compresser or scuba tanks. If i got an mrod i was going to get a hill pump. How feasable would an mrod be if i was only going to hand pump it.

I have a 20 yard range in my back yard and i just need something quiet. I might hunt rabbits or crows. I would like to try field target but since i got my hip replaced i doubt i would be able to do all the different shooting positions. So mainly plinking or occasionally hunting.

The Crosman brand barrels in 22 seem right up there now days. Walter Barrels are more accurate but it would be kind of close in this situation and it's your money and you can always send barrel back to CROSMAN for exchange under warranty if the CROSMAN brand barrel isn't quite good enough for you. My 22 Field And Target Marauder has a CROSMAN BARREL and shoots affordable CROSMAN 14.3g. Premie Ultra Magnums at an average 825fps for 80 shots printing half inch to three eights inch groups on average at 55 yards. I haven't tried any other better pellet like the JSBs since this is good enough for me on the cheap. Pretty darn quiet too. Good Luck. Yo!

jimaok, I have had both the Regulated Marauder F&T w/ LW barrel and the standard Crosman in .22. the Crosman barrel I have is their current in-house production barrel and I can say that between the two out to 50-75yds I could tell no difference. Both loved the JSB 15 and 18 grain. These two were very different air rifles during my comparison. The F&T I left completely stock with the factory Reg setting, only adjusting the Hammerspring and the Hammerthrow and Transfer Port settings to see what the potential was compared to my Synrod with a Huma regulator and a full Tim Hill valve kit with modified TP and Barrel port (all the goodies!).

In my opinion, they currently both Rock in their own way.

F&T is F&T. Mine was tuned to shoot in the low 20fps from the factory and did it admirably at 50yds, shot count was 60+. A great platform to expand with, no question.

My Synrod was the “project” and Tim Hill was my Man to make it happen, no question he knows what he is talking about, and, his machine work is second to none. Period. Power and shot count was as he described. Crazy good.

…If I was to do it again, I would do the F&T because of the longer airtube and the wood stock which is very comfortable. Tune to 100yd and you are golden. Fantastic airgun.

Mod till your hearts content. Just a great platform anyway you slice it.

Many folks here can “show you the way” you will find out who they are when they chime in, to many to mention, and I have appreciated them all.

Thanks for all the info. I think when i do pull the trigger, the Marauder will be the way to go. Probably with the standard barrel. I just found this forum not too long ago. I used to spend a lot of time on the old yellow forum when it was active. Im glad i found this place. I learn a lot just reading all the posts. Its nice to have a forum thats active. 

Jim,

I have received a lot of good info from Tom Holland, as the Marauder is on my list as well for a Hunter class gun. I believe he has some close ties with Crosman, and he said if I get one to defiantly get the LW barrel. Reason is if you don't, they would not sell you the LW barrel if you decide you want one, but if you buy it with the LW barrel, you can get all the Crosman barrels you want. Also, I have not tried it yet, but I hear if we use the discount code "AGNATION" on Crosman's site, we can get 25%.

I would say if you haven't watched Rick's (SHOOTER1721) review on YouTube, you might want to check it out first. He does the Marauder FT in .22 with the Crossman barrel and with the LW barrel. As results will obviously vary with each gun, you may be surprised at which barrel he like better with the grouping.