Benjamin marauder.25 vs hatsan at44 .25 qe?

Zebra people seem to think that a self regulating valve is a regulator so you see reviews out there that will say its regulated. A well tuned self regulating valve does give excellent ES that can rival true regulated rifles. 

Zebra I also agree that this comparison shouldnt include modified mrods or hatsans. I dont think the op plans on doing a bunch of mods. Straight out of the box I think the Mrod is better. 

"Tn_airgunner"I'm not to interested in the Gamo because it's a .22 and I have several .22,s. Bsa r10 mk2 and discovery.
I'm looking at a .25
If it has to be a 25 in that price range then I choices are pretty much still limited to those 2 unless you lose the requirement for quiet. 

I'd go with the Marauder if it was me and they were the only two options. 

Short off topic note because Krosa was mentioned.

Here is a tip about the Krosa. Get them while you can because as far as I know there is currently NO importer bringing them into the USA anymore!

I would have been importing them BUT JKHAN did not honor their commitment to sell them to me after I had done 2 months work towards the importation and was about ready to seal the deal with a deposit for my first order. Shortly afterward their e-mail server was hacked and a scammer in Taiwan extorted a lot of money from one or more of JKHANS customers (not me fortunately because after working internet security for 12 years I recognized the 3rd party payments scam).

Thurmond

I would not choose either in .25 unless it were mainly for hunting. If it were purely for hunting I would choose a .25 Marauder where shot count isn't usually an issue. It is easy to tune and repair with alot of available parts and service if need be. Mine is very accurate with enough power to drop a coon like a stone. 
If I'm strictly hunting small game I leave my Daystate and RAW at home and grap my .25 Marauder. 
Hatsans never clicked with me because they always seemed to industrial. Having said that there is a very strong following for Hatsans. It's a personal choice.

Hey there ! Reviving and older thread. I LOVE my AT-44 and my Marauder. They are both very accurate, but @zebra said they are both entry level guns.

I didn't know that, because I find them both to be accurate no matter pellet I use, especially the AT-44.

So, what would be the higher level guns that have the same kind of essence ? You know, like Peavey basses are killer and will be better than most bass guitars out there, but are priced low. At least they used to be. Now, they command more money, but you get the idea. I'm not , or .30looking for a Mercedes where you're paying for the name, but in reality it's garbage. Thank you, Mike

PS - I'm looking for a .25 or .30

So how do these two guns stack up to each other? Shot count, reliability, accuracy, noise level, ease of use ect. I've always thought of the at44 as good competition to the benjamin marauder but have never had or held one. I've used the marauder before and it is accurate and a nice gun to shoot but has low shot count. I know you can install the hdd for more shots but I'm wanting to compare these to guns stock. I'm not much for tinkering with aftermarket parts. Which one would you choose and why?
Neither, so many better options out there, soooo many.

In a few weeks you can get your hands on a JST Airacuda standard .25 for 320 bucks,...superior to a Marauder .25 in every way.

I own both in .22 and JUST bought the AT-44 .25 from Midway USA about an hour ago. Both are excellent guns in my experience. I have never shot an air rifle that costs over $1,000 so I have nothing to compare it to. I'd LOVE to try an FX, or Daystate, of course.

My AT-44 is not a fussy eater. It seems any pellet will shoot accurately. I also own three extra air cylinders because they were on sale about 2 years ago. It's a very heavy gun, so it's a bencher, but I'm lazy.
The Marauder is like a luxury car to me. It just feels and looks classy. It's extremely accurate.

Hello, so I just got back from the range using my Hatsan AT-44 QE .25 caliber on its maiden voyage today. Right out of the box without cleaning the barrel, because I don't own any cleaner pulls, etc, the AT-44 was almost like a laser with slugs. Pellets, not so much, maybe because I haven't found the right pellets, and I haven't tuned it. I do not know how to properly tune my rifle, but in the past I just adjusted the hammer spring until I had power between 850-900 fps. I used 44 grain slugs and it performed like a champ on day one. I look forward to dialing it in. - Mike