• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder .25 or Hatsan At44-10 qe long .25

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new air rifle and I've decided to go with a pcp. I've researched the Benjamin Maruader and the Hatsan At44-10 qe long and I've looked at reviews to see which rifle I want, and I'm having a little trouble deciding. I intend to do some target shooting and maybe a little hunting. I wanted to know what you guys prefer and that might help me in my decision. 

Thanks,
Matt

I was in the same boat as you Matt just weeks ago. I ended up with going with a bullpup because it was on sale and couldn't beat the price.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3508234658/hatsan-bullboss-pcp-air-rifle-pellet-black-polymer-stock-black-barrel

Basically the AT44 internals.

Out of the box I average 890 FPS shooting 25.39 JSB exacts, I just received a HUMA regulator which I'll be installing tonight (hopefully). 

Back to your question, it really all depends on you - no wrong pick. The MRods are extremely popular especially in .25 cal and with the AGnation discount its 25% off. Do you have a way to charge these rifles? 

I've never seen any Hatsan, people seem to like them. Have seen numerous Marauders in all cal. . 
Not sure what you real end goal is but the bottled Hatsan Nova QE if you shop every where for price being only ( ya right only ) $100.00 more seems a deal.
Better looking rifle - to me - . PA lists the shots count for a .25 marauder at 16 and the Nova at 88 .
Then again your area ( thinking your in the US but ) & warranty/parts or trigger or weight - didnt look- might sell you one way or another.

Ever used either? Other pre-charge rigs?
Closest airgunner to you?

John

"Alan"There is one thing the Marauder has going for it... Almost unlimited, after market, support. I venture to say, that more after-market parts are made for the Marauder, than any other PCP made.
That's great for the people who really like to tinker and modify their guns. But in the end, modifications change the cosmetics, accuracy, shot count and power. If the goal is to get a gun off the shelf that has all these qualities and no need to put more time and money into a project, me personally, I would lean that way. But I know some people who just like working on stretching the limits of their guns even knowing that for the time and money they put in the project they could have paid less for a different gun that already had the performance they modified their gun to achieve.

I recently made the plunge into the PCP world, and can hopefully give you some tips i wish i had known beforehand...

I have an armada .25 (a Marauder on an AR-ish frame), and it is very wasteful on air when compared to orher brands. i get maybe 16 - 20 shots out of it, with a disclaimer that i only fill to 2600. I have a compressor, so it doesnt really affect my pocket book, but, at the same time I would still say it is wasteful on air. 

The marauder is great because of price, accuracy, and quiet muzzle report, but it is still an unregulated, unoptimized platform.

FX and Daystate (and others) come standard with equipment that would otherwise be an upgrade to the Marauder. Without a regulator and debounced hammer, any PCP is going to waste air, and the mighty Marauder is no exception. The hammer bounces, and the lack of regulator results in more variance of power, FPS, FPE, and wasted air.

I would say this: If you’re just now diving in to PCP, and want to save money up front, the marauder is an excellent choice - it can always be upgraded later, and you dont have to worry about whether you’ve “bought too much rifle.”

On the other hand, if you subscribe to the belief of “get it right the first time,” you can avoid the future time and expense spent on upgrades by getting a better gun up front.

If you go that route, look for a platform that has a regulator and debounced hammer - it makes an ENORMOUS difference in shot count.

"jonny75904"I recently made the plunge into the PCP world, and can hopefully give you some tips i wish i had known beforehand...

I have an armada .25 (a Marauder on an AR-ish frame), and it is very wasteful on air when compared to orher brands. i get maybe 16 - 20 shots out of it, with a disclaimer that i only fill to 2600. I have a compressor, so it doesnt really affect my pocket book, but, at the same time I would still say it is wasteful on air. 

The marauder is great because of price, accuracy, and quiet muzzle report, but it is still an unregulated, unoptimized platform.

FX and Daystate (and others) come standard with equipment that would otherwise be an upgrade to the Marauder. Without a regulator and debounced hammer, any PCP is going to waste air, and the mighty Marauder is no exception. The hammer bounces, and the lack of regulator results in more variance of power, FPS, FPE, and wasted air.

I would say this: If you’re just now diving in to PCP, and want to save money up front, the marauder is an excellent choice - it can always be upgraded later, and you dont have to worry about whether you’ve “bought too much rifle.”

On the other hand, if you subscribe to the belief of “get it right the first time,” you can avoid the future time and expense spent on upgrades by getting a better gun up front.

If you go that route, look for a platform that has a regulator and debounced hammer - it makes an ENORMOUS difference in shot count.

This is a general rule but there are exceptions. Look at Daystate, they are unregulated but their slingshot valve allows higher fill pressure and consistent shots. The FX 400 and 500 were only regulated recently, but the unregulated versions gives a great number of consistent shots. Even the Krals and Nova valve system are very efficient. Some of the best and most accurate PCPs around are the older Theoben Rapids (pre-RAW), some were not regulated but get many shots and very accurate.

"MattR1267"Thanks for the responses guys. 449 is a great price for a bull pump. this has helped me a lot in deciding.
Thanks
If you are on GTA airgun forum - check out my friend Donny (Rallyshark). He has a 22 cal bullboss and he has that gun performing on par with any PCP. He modified the valves and did some other tweaks. He has a regulated cylinder and get 60 shots at around 28 FPE and an unregulated cylinder that he can do a quick hammer tweak and get 2 magazines at 60 FPE. If you go with the BB contact him, he's very open and helpful with information.

"MattR1267"Thanks for the responses guys. 449 is a great price for a bull pump. this has helped me a lot in deciding.
Thanks
You can get the bull boss for $399 here
https://www.fieldsupply.com/airguns/hatsan-at44s-10-bullboss-q-energy-pcp-rifle-blk-syn.html

I just ordered the Marauder in 25 caliber for $350 delivered at Sportsman’s guide1WX2-703996
Rifle, Pcp .25 Syn $359.99$0.00$359.99Back-Ordered, Expected 12/31/17Your Buyer's Club savings on this order total $40.00.
Order Summary:Merchandise Total:$359.99 Sales Tax:$0.00 Shipping and Handling:$19.99(Ship Method: Ground)Package Protection:$0.99 Sub-Total:$380.97 Less Merchandise Coupon: $-30.00 Grand Total:$350.97