• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

benjamin marauder. 25 cal

You can shave some weight off of you Mrod by replacing the air tube with an aluminum one from JSAR. Keep in mind that the hammer should be replaced with a MDS hammer so the tube will not be galled. Also, if you have the wood stock version weight can be trimmed by using a synrod synthetic stock. Maybe use a lightweight compact scope too.

Dennis

Lot's of options here actually. I know Jefferson State Air Rifles offers an aluminum air tube for the marauder that's considerably lighter. That would be the biggest thing for weight off the top of my head. There are other options but most will end up changing the aesthetic of the gun pretty drastically (e.g., using an AR15 stock/grip adapter) but that's another route you could go.

I appreciate all your input on the marauder trying to decide if I want to sell it and try to pickup a lighter gun. Looking at the wildcat MKll compact .25 cal any thought on it. thanks

In terms of weight, the wildcat would definitely be lighter (just under 6 pounds where the marauder comes in at just over 8). Other than that, those are some very different guns. What are the things you're looking for and what type of shooting are you planning to focusing on?

My advice on the .25 mrod is this: it's a great gun for what its designed for which is a low cost excellent shooter but it's long, heavy, and a low shot count. If you start modifying the gun beyond what it was meant for, then you would better off buying a different gun that already has everything you are wanting. You could start putting in money into to the mrod to make it lighter, shorter, and get a higher shot count and in the end, you could've just bought a different gun that could've been cheaper or at the same price.

Talk with Utah air guns about the FX dreamline dreamlite w/moderator .25 cal. Does anyone out there have any experience with this rifle that would share their thoughts on it. As I said would be hunting small game and small predators.

If you can wait a few weeks, why not go for one of JSA Raptors.

There is about a 6 week wait but you'll be buying a hand built custom gun from the guys that built it, versus a production gun from a dealer.

You can have them set it up the way You want it and can easily change calibers if your needs change.

I'm going to order this mini myself in .30 cal at some point soon.

http://www.jsairrifles.com/Jefferson-State-Air-Rifles--Raptor-Mini_p_186.html