• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin marauder .22 maintenance

And as for use, my 25 has maybe 10,000 pellets through it. The only thing I did was grease the bolt. And I did blow the breach o-ring out once by not closing the bolt all the way. A little oil on the trigger assembly and a barrel cleaning a couple of times. Other than that,it is a fantastic gun for the money. Mine has been very reliable. And I don't think mine is the exception.

Crusher

Same experience here. Probably 2000 to 3000 pellets in the past couple years (I shoot way less than I'd like to) and so far, I've greased the bolt and added a touch of oil to the end where you hook the high pressure pump. That keeps the O-rings in the valve lubed. Other than that, it's air up and shoot. Maintenance is virtually nothing.

I have cleaned the barrel, and may do again shortly, but not needed very often.

​Adjustments take a grand total of three allen (Hex) wrenches. Nothing else. Tearing down is a very infrequent job, if ever. Had it for a couple years (pushing 3 years I believe) and it just shoots.

My 177 and 22 are Gen 1 guns, purchased in 2010, both are tack drivers.

My 25 is an Armada, GM barrel, i have never heard anyone complain about the accuracy of the 25, but have read post about the 22.

Put a drop or two of silicon oil on the breach O ring every 2-300 rounds, keep the bolt greased, i use hopps gun grease, a small dab every 3-400 rounds as needed.

I like all three guns, i prefer handling 25 cal pellets, because they are larger and easier to handle.

"Alfonso32"So should I go with the .25

That is totally on you. I love the way the 25 knocks the snot out of a tree-rat instead of just punching a hole in them. (Overkill, I know) And I suppose I just love the way it shoots. 
I just ordered a new WC (coming thursday I hope) and I got the 25. I considered the 22 because of the insane shot count, but I didn't want to have a third size pellets in the tins stacks. So that was another consideration for me.
I'm not saying the 22 is not accurate. I've just heard a lot of guys complaining that it had issues. They may have corrected that with the newer versions. If I'm not mistaken, they now come with a different barrel. So if you are buying a used gun, it will depend on how new it is and what barrel it has.
So to answer your question, if I was ordering I would get the 25. But your needs and wants are most important. You want to be totally happy with your choice.

Crusher

I have both-.22 and.25. My Gen 1 .22 has a great barrel and I rarely shoot the .25 cal. due to the low shot count. While it is accurate the .25 is a bit of an air hog. I keep intending to tune it for better shot count but never seem to get around to it. 
If you plan on shooting a lot with the .25, you will likely want an expensive carbon fiber tank fill set up. Before you buy a CF tank, make sure there's a place to get it filled in your area.
John

Have the Marauder Prod. Same basic operating function as the rifle. Cleaned barrel, lubed the bolt and chamber (silicone oil) maybe 1x per year. Replaced all o rings after 4 years when a very slow leak developed.... not sure where. O ring kit about $8 on e Bay and good as new. Very easy after watching a YouTube vid or two. In short, very little maintenance vs the THOUSANDS of pellets run through it.

.22 - Gen 2 Marauder. 6 years old, no real maintenance except a bit of grease here and there. 1.5 inch groups at 75 yards.

Gen 1 barrels had some issues. Gen 2 was a new barrel design which I can vouch for accuracy. New barrels (made in last 12 months) use a new, Crosman proprietary process that is supposed to rival Lothar Walthar. Just getting better with time.

Have a marauder I bought used. After a few months it developed a small air leak. Ended up doing a complete rebuild. Watched youtube videos, and made it simple. Other than rust and moisture in the air tube and resulting bad o-ring. No issues. It was easy to disassemble with a couple allen wrenches. O-rings are cheap. Really not a lot of other maintenance. I may take it apart in a couple more years just to check for moisture again.

The previous owner used a hand pump and lives in a really humid area. I think over time the moisture just built up in the air tube.

Mine is a .177, but the basic parts and maintenance would be the same. good gun.