Benjamin Marauder .22 issue(s)

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used .22 Benjamin Marauder. I lubed and replaced all the o-rings. I looked at the rifle this morning and noticed that it had leaked air throughout the night. I used soapy water and notice air bubbles around the adapter gauge. I also test fired it today before taking it back apart. As soon as I squeezed the trigger, air rushed out of the breech and the barrel. I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Mitch Harris

Those gauge block threads can be a pain. Fresh Teflon tape and make sure the threads are clean. As far as the air dumping, it's possible some debris got under the poppet of the valve stem, though it would have to be of significant size to dump the air quickly. Have you had a chance to take apart the valve since the air dumped?

Reactions: BanjomanMI76
Those gauge block threads can be a pain. Fresh Teflon tape and make sure the threads are clean. As far as the air dumping, it's possible some debris got under the poppet of the valve stem, though it would have to be of significant size to dump the air quickly. Have you had a chance to take apart the valve since the air dumped?
I actually replaced the valve and the gauge block. The rifle is now holding air. Thanks for your feedback