• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Benjamin Kratos Shroud Problem

After shooting a few shots with my new Kratos 22 caliber, I noticed that the grub screws on the shroud had loosened causing the shroud to slide forward. I removed and reinstalled the spring and baffles. Proceeded to re-tighten the grub screws, but the shroud would not seat flush against the breech face. Tried loosening end cap and it would move closer but once the grub screws were tightened the end cap wouldn't screw all the way down. Help. Thanks

The barrel grub screws may have been loose and the whole barrel may have slid forward a slight amount. It is very easy to remove the barrel by loosening the two grub screws on top of the receiver and gently slide the barrel out... I twist it a little while I am pulling it and it pops free. You’ll see the two detents in the barrel where the grub screws should engage. I don’t recall if the barrel has a detent for the shroud mount. I don’t think it does.

Before putting the barrel back in make sure you lubricate the two o rings very well with a silicone grease to keep them from getting cut or nicked while you are pushing it back into place and twisting the barrel a little bit at the same time. It’s a very snug fit getting the barrel back in when the o rings are going back into the hole the barrel came out of. 
Once the barrel is back in you can look down through the grub screw holes on top to index the barrel back to the position it needs to be in, you’ll see the detents for the grub screws in the barrel through the holes. 
The grub screws do not need to be super tight. Just snug them up pretty good. I usually tighten grub screws like that a little at a time on each one, and just slowly snug each one down a little at a time alternating back and forth between them. 
This is the only thing I can think of that would have your shroud seeming to move forward, other than as you already suspected the mount itself moving forward. Once you are sure the barrel is seated where it’s supposed to be I would remove the shroud and disassemble its components and place the shroud mount where it belonged on the barrel..... look for a detent in the surface of the barrel the grub screw should engage... and once that was in the proper place check the air stripper that’s threaded on the barrel to see that it is threaded all the way on and the o ring is in good shape, then replace the shroud tube and finally reinstall the spring and hardware and end cap for the shroud. 

I did remove the barrel and reinstalled it. Did not seem to have slid forward. This did not fix the problem. I also tried to remove the barrel from the shroud but it got stuck at the end cap screws, so I didn't try to force it. Will try again and check to ensure the air stripper is threaded all the way in. I'm new to PCP air rifles. Is the correct order of replacing the spring and baffles to 1. insert the spring in the shroud 2. Insert all baffles 3. screw end cap all the way down 4. Tighten grub screws to barrel. Just wanted to make sure in case factory screwed up. 

7BDF3296-F6DB-4C18-84C7-43EA82F36335.1618773632.jpeg

D436916B-CA9A-431E-9497-F452F63FBBD7.1618773689.jpeg
3E2AB8B3-B701-4085-BAEF-349A4869DB8D.1618773694.jpeg

D526F730-5EBE-464E-AFD9-1B5F25BC2ECF.1618773705.jpeg

The above picture shows the shroud off the rifle, the components are laid out beside it.
You will have one more baffle than you see pictured there. 
You may be feeling the shroud catch a little on the o ring of the air stripper as you pull the shroud off. That is normal. Put a dab of silicone on it when you put it back together to protect it from abrasion. 

Ok so,

#1. You don’t remove the shroud mount that is on the barrel near the receiver. That stays on there and you unscrew the whole tube from it.

#2. The barrel should be tightened down with the grub screws on top of the receiver ALL the time unless you are removing it. 

#3. The air stripper is threaded onto the end of the barrel. The spring goes between the air stripper and the plastic baffles. The baffles are inserted with the pointy side facing the butt of the rifle. The end cap then goes on and tightens down and holds everything under a small amount of pressure and keeps things from sliding around in the tube.