• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

benjamin kratos problem

I have new Kratos .22 cal. and GX CS3 compressor. I took rifle out of the box with 2600 psi on gauge and tested compressor according to the manual with foster plug installed and it shut off at pre set 3000psi. The rifle was a tack driver at 40 yards with JSB match diabolo .22 @ 15.89 gr. pellets. Rifle started at 988 fps according to chrono and at 1900 I decided to recharge. Began charging and when rifle and compressor got to 2900 i think that i heard a faint click or tick and rifle fell to 2600 as compressor stayed at 2900. With the compressor fans running I was not certain of the location of that sound. Again the rifle was a tack drive with same results. At 1900 psi i recharge again but it would only go to 2600. again a tack driver until 1900. Then I decided to discharge it lower to see if it would charge. I shot it until 1000 and tried charging but it stoped at 1000. I tested compressor again with foster plug and it would only go to 2900 after 20 minutes. I have had several more tests with compressor with none resulting over 2900 and several below. Thanks in advance

I would agree with the above it is a compressor problem. Although there are many good reviews on the product none are about durability. The oil free and water free description would have stopped me from the purchase of the compressor immediately. No lubrication and only air cooling means that that the compressor is not made to last for any length of time.

Also a twenty minute duty cycle with that compressor will put you near or in an overheat situation. It is not made to run for very long.

Run the compressor up to what it will do then turn it off, do not purge, and find the leaks while it is pressurized. Usually a loose fitting or bad o-ring.

Use your compressor sparingly, do not overheat it, and you may get a year or maybe a little more out of it anyway.

There is a known problem with grease getting into one of the safety valves, especially when brand new. Stand by for a quick search. 

From that thread...

JimNM

Back at it again. Had to step away for family business, but had time this a.m. to play around with the Xisico aka the Wonka-wonka compressor.

On the video at about 19 minutes there is an important note. One of the valves is under a brass bolt, about 19mm(?) on the bottom surface of the unit. If you can't build pressure, remove that bolt and the spring and valve pin. Mine had a healthy smear of grease left over. Quick clean and reassemble and pressure check=works perfectly!

I filled the Puncher Breaker to 3k psi and Nemesis to 3.6k psi. It is good to have a source of air! 

Shoot'em good 

Original thread

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-xisico-compressor-initial-impressions/

Link to the video mentioned...

https://youtu.be/CH33_Apu3ps

Thanks very much for the good response, I appreciate each and will follow through on each. My first attempt to post was accidently deleted, the second was way too lengthy so I deleted it too. Then in the last one I forgot to mention that this all transpired in four or five days. I shoot late in evening when neighbors are not outside. Thanks again.

Update: I took my new tank to a scuba shop that was 26 miles from my work in 4pm traffic. They would not fill it due to the gauge assembly was loose and they did not know about pcp tanks. They do not seem to be friendly at all. They told me about another scuba shop so as i was driving another 12 miles i found that scuba tanks are usually tighten to about 40 foot pounds. The next scuba shop tapped the gauge with mallet but could only get it to 3100 psi in tank after 2 tries. When I got home then Kratos failed to take more than 2600 psi and since there was no noisy compressor running I could definitely hear the rifle make a slight click at 2600 psi. I have returned the rifle for being defective and complete dissatisfaction. I learned not to buy brand new models. The Krates is built by Kral for Benjamin. AOA told me that the gauge assembly should just be hand tight. I called the first shop and asked could they fill tank since gauge assembly was tighten to spec and they told me to leave it over night as filling to 4500 would need time due to heat buildup. So again I made another trip to the first shop and left it overnight. When I called to verify that it was ready for pickup he told me that no one had filled it yet but that I could come on up and he would fill it. Another round trip and it was $12.50 and I told him to keep the change (20). It was a long story but I now know what a long drawn out pain it is to get a tank filled.

My remedy: Ordered a new Daystate Pulsar in.22 and now thinking about a very reliable compressor, even if I have to sell air charges to pay for it. 

I have had my Air Venturi true 4500 PSI compressor for three years this month. I have not had one issue with it filling a 88 CF and a 44 CF tank - YMMV. I have run the dog out of it with having two big bores and shooting quite a bit each weak. It is china made though. I use to do the scuba shop trips with nerves heightened. You never know what to expect from them. The traffic, also.

Skup, I understand your disappointment in finally getting your new toy but finding out that now instead of enjoying it that you are now involved in making some lengthy decisions. It seems to be a leak and that could be as easy as some sort of o-ring problem or up to a manufacturing problem. Your dealing with 3000 psi not a balloon. It should have been filled, tested for leaks, test fired, and finally leak tested. You purchased a new rifle not fixer upper. They should supply to you a ready to go pcp rifle. Since I experienced the same problem i had my next purchased tested by dealer before shipment.

My 2 cents.