Tuning Benjamin Kratos .22 will not shoot straight -fix

I just received my Benjamin Kratos .22 and was so happy to get it out to shoot. I cleaned it and put a Donnyfl suppressor of it.

The first mag was wildly off target . I tried adjusting the scope but could not adjust the vertical far enough down to bring shots onto target .

I tried moving scope further back on rail, maybe that would help.

The next mag was even worst than the first. I then thought the scope was bad, so I put a different scope on it but same thing.

.I just couldn't understand why this gun shot so bad. I almost thought about sending it back.

At this point I started to think about the harmonics of the barrel. Then it dawned on me I had put the suppressor on without removing the internal baffles.

I took the baffles out and shot the next mag and wo-la it was dead on.

The point of this post was to maybe help someone else that is experiencing this same issue

so happy now with the way the gun shoots.

Who would of thunk?

You can also just remove the entire shroud tube completely, and unscrew the air stripper from the end of the barrel and then directly thread the donnyfl to the barrel of your Kratos since it is threaded 1/2x20 from the factory already. If you are using a Sumo it makes the whole rifle shorter and no pellets clipping anything. 
Pictured here is the Kratos with no shroud, and with a donnyfl Shogun threaded directly to the barrel
37997A91-17D5-42C3-9429-F3B2D19BAA4B.1649783572.jpeg

hmm .. a combo shroud/ldc is the ultimate reduced noise setup imo ... got to watch how much pressure is exerted on the actual barrel though when tightening things ...

With the varying tolerances in manufacturing we all see in this hobby it’s just not ideal to have the ldc 6 inches from the muzzle. Basically you are hoping the barrel’s bore is perfectly centered, the shroud mount is perfectly centered to the bore, the shroud is perfectly threaded, the endcap adapter is perfect, and so on and so forth. 
The farther from the muzzle you get the more pronounced issues are from off-center bores/shrouds/baffle bores.
But if it works with the shroud it’s all good. Especially when there’s no conveniently threaded barrel sitting inside it! Hahaha 

I was thinking it could've just been the added weight hanging off the front causing the shroud to bow slightly which would make the pellets clip the baffles or end cap. It's a floating barrel/shroud so it's definitely possible. I personally think those rifles are pretty quiet just the way the come factory, but I like how that one above looks with the shroud removed and the moderator threaded directly to the barrel.

Seems much is going on when the bbl is shrouded that doesn’t happen with many unshrouded bbls. when you make minor changes. Clipping is seldom the issue, but my shrouded bbl rifles seem to be very sensitive to minor changes like yours is. For comparison my Cayden with its unshrouded bbl. with a factory bbl band close to the muzzle and suppressor added is very predictable and accurate. However, my similar Akela rifle with a shroud varies wildly with changes including adding a bbl band and suppressor. Im convinced that while the shroud adds extra desirable sound suppression that it adds accuracy issues that wouldn’t otherwise exist. Maybe for a test you could remove the shroud to see what happens.