Benjamin Gunnar

CB9A94EB-96A1-4F9B-85EE-0F310E95A6A2.1611733046.jpeg

For those that were interested:

The new Benjamin Gunnar has appeared on MidwayUSA for the bargain basement price of only $1000, in all three caliber options. (I saw it advertised on another site at 850ish.)

I am more than a little skeptical of the “coming soon” date of the 29th of this month . 

Nothing showing up on pyramydair......

B88E9A51-FE74-49B0-805F-4FB60D03F4BE.1611765326.jpeg
Someone commented a few days ago that it was actually a Kral Dazzle that crosman has outsourced. I am unsure if the Dazzle was regulated though. 
At the heart of it, aren’t we looking at a Kratos in black, with an (unnecessary) regulator? Not saying anything is interchangeable between the two.... but wouldn’t a Tactical stocked Kratos have been less steps to arrive at the same location? Maybe this regulated version will improve on the shot string.... I dunno. My Kratos is pretty dang efficient with air.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to buy one in .25. I could see a double bottle setup coming for it as well.

This is from Phillip Guadalupe whose a Crosman enginee

"The Gunnar is a design that I have been working with Kral on for the past year. The project started well before Hatsan even released anything in the Factor from what I can tell. It was out of coincidence because I launched the 3 platforms under the craftsman series and wanted to do something more tactical with the bench shooter in mind. Which is what there is a lot of adjustments and capabilities for the consumer."

I really like the design. Especially the rail having the mag sit flush with it. Plus knowing Crosmans hands in it it will have a working shroud.

Vetmx your comment makes no sense!!! Thats like saying ford should not manufacture Lincoln or, GMC should not manufacture Cadillac...Remember the Benjamin Marauder is what made the pcp market what it is today. This is not a rebadged anything! The fact is, that it is cheaper to design a product and have it produced in other countries! Then send one of your engineers to oversee the first production run, fit & finish. It is as though it was made here,. They could produce it here, then it would cost more for the consumer. Now you have to consider this is a bottle gun, that is hand pump friendly,. this alone makes up for the lack of a carbon bottle.

An other re-branded gun,...Crosman can't even make their own guns anymore,

And don't give me the " Made to crosman specks and crosman engeneers have their hands in it " when KRAL actually makes better guns then Crosman in the first place, an other marketing ploy by Crosman ( they have a huge history of false claims )

I discovered Kral ‘inspired’ guns with the Kratos, light years ahead of the m and p rods. Which I have owned and modded extensively.

I modded my Kratos 25 up to mid 60 FPE, and not liking that power adjuster, I also followed Vetmix and added a low power Altaros regulator for 16 to 25 FPE shooting, for when I need it.

I thought it was a great gun, until I bought a True Kral, a 25 Bighorn, it makes 85 FPE with my cast bullets. The Bighorn build does not use the Power Adjuster and is ported from the factory to 6mm. It also uses a longer magazine than the dwarfish Kratos magazine which will not function with slugs, but in fairness the Kratos is a pellet shooter. I did unravel the secret of the chokes for cast bullet shooting, the Benjamin Craftsman series 25’s are choked to .249/.250 so .251 will work for them, or at least in my Kratos.

My Kral Bighorn is showing great potential with MPMolds .252 hp and solid point options, 44.5 hp’s for two magazines with a high of 931fps in the string.

I have owned 3 FX’s, a Xp Ranger 45, AA guns and my famous Haley 257 I made the 500,550,615 yard 12 oz cola can shot utube video’s with, and others including a wonderful Condor SS hot rod 25 that Doug Noble made for me, 6 months before the AF SS was revealed by AF using two AF frames.

Fo the service and price, I got mine from Troy Hammer, they are great values.

Bur is the Gunnar a great value? If it is the Dazzle rehashed it is not a powerhouse, at least from what I have read on stock guns, and it is unknown if the the 22 and 25 Gunnar’s are. If that 45 is a pellet shooter due to their cheaper short magazine Benjamin cursed the Kratos with, it is not worth a grand to me when the Bighorn sells for $700.00.

Just my opinion and like butt holes, everybody has one.

Roachcreek

Vetmx your comment makes no sense!!! Thats like saying ford should not manufacture Lincoln or, GMC should not manufacture Cadillac...Remember the Benjamin Marauder is what made the pcp market what it is today. This is not a rebadged anything! The fact is, that it is cheaper to design a product and have it produced in other countries! Then send one of your engineers to oversee the first production run, fit & finish. It is as though it was made here,. They could produce it here, then it would cost more for the consumer. Now you have to consider this is a bottle gun, that is hand pump friendly,. this alone makes up for the lack of a carbon bottle.

My comment makes perfect sense but you couldn’t grasp it because you got offended because you’re in love. Fact? It might be a decent gun but if it’s made in Turkey, it’s a $700 gun when you compare the quality, fit and finish with its competitors in the $1k range. Not worth arguing about. Just opinions.

Have owned quite a few Turkish guns. All seem to be built to the same standards. And that’s not a joke. Maybe they will retool and up all their standards to enter the $1k market. You seem excited and willing to defend the gun with all your exclamation points so hopefully you get one and can give us all the low down on the first $1,000 Turkish Benjamin. It might be a quality shooter. All I was saying is once the $1k price is eclipsed, most of us will spend that money on something made in Eastern Europe or Sweden.