Benjamin Benjamin Gunnar

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and a newbie to air rifles. I have a Benjamin Maraunda that I am using for pest control in the yard. The Maraunda is currently leaking air and I am trying to fix it. Found a Gunnar on sale for $600. Is this a good deal or is there another gun I need to look at? When searching for Benjamin Gunnar parts, I don't see many results so concern me a little bit. Thanks.

What do you want to do with it? I have one (.22) but would not recommend it for pesting unless you are in a stationary position shooting from a rest. It's long and heavy (10+ pounds scoped), I would not want to walk and stalk with it. I use mine for target shooting and really like it. It's pretty quiet as is, the shroud baffles do a nice job. Mags are reasonable, too.

Parts are going to be a challenge because Crosman/Benjamin had Reximex make these and I think Benjamin only has parts for warranty claims. The Reximex version is the Nyx. Now that Gamo/Daisy bought Crosman who knows. So parts would probably need to be ordered from a dealer in Canada or Europe. Airgun Revisions cand make a Lothar-Walther barrel for it.

I think at $600 it's a nice gun if it meets your requirements. I would not pay more than that.

OK, it may be candidate for you then. Also you should know that this is a not an easily tunable PCP. There is no hammer spring adjustment (unless you want to add spacers or swap out springs), and the regulator is not externally adjustable, so you need to degas and remove the bottle for any adjustments. But the transfer port power selector does allow some easy speed adjustment. And the only trigger adjustment is for sear engagement, although the adjustable trigger shoe does allow different perceived feels.

Mine shoots fine out of the box so I have not felt a need to fiddle with anything. I have not shot mine past 40 yards so cannot provide any feedback out to 80. Hope this helps, good luck with getting your Marauder resealed.

Reactions: coolsound
Added 0DB 160s to the Gunnar. I can tell a big difference in sounds level. Gun has been shooting great and accurate...
IMG_3156.jpg