• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Gunnar

Just bought a Benjamin Gunnar and so far love it. It's definitely an adjustment in balance and weldability from my Akela, but obviously is a different class of rifle. So, I'm getting pretty solid groups despite a slight visible spiral in trajectory of the pellets. I'm using JSB 25.4 grain pellets. I have more ammo on order, but what has everyone else had luck with as far as ammo goes?

hmm .. thats the best pellet i know of for 25 ..id try messing with it alittle first before switching pellet .. maybe different tension on the shroud cap, like looser if its torqued down hard, and if anything a few 1/4 turns in on the hammer spring and see how it reacts ... i wouldnt just assume it wants to go slower .. it may work better slower 'or' faster by just a tad even ...

Just bought a Benjamin Gunnar and so far love it. It's definitely an adjustment in balance and weldability from my Akela, but obviously is a different class of rifle. So, I'm getting pretty solid groups despite a slight visible spiral in trajectory of the pellets. I'm using JSB 25.4 grain pellets. I have more ammo on order, but what has everyone else had luck with as far as ammo goes?

Still liking the Gunnar? Could we get an updated review?

Lol actually I returned it. Not quite what I thought it'd be. I think I was trying to convince myself that I was happy with my purchase for the first week. It just doesn't hold up to the premium feel of some other guns at the same price point. The more I shot it the more I wished I had spent the same amount of money on a dreamline; or in the case of what I actually did, spent a little more on a Wildcat MK3. This was the first Benjamin gun that I've not been 100% satisfied with so I'm not hating on them, I just thought it'd feel better to shoot than it did. I'd even consider that my Akela changed the way I expect a gun to feel so I'm not saying the Gunnar is a bad gun by any means. Just not for me.

Lol actually I returned it. Not quite what I thought it'd be. I think I was trying to convince myself that I was happy with my purchase for the first week. It just doesn't hold up to the premium feel of some other guns at the same price point. The more I shot it the more I wished I had spent the same amount of money on a dreamline; or in the case of what I actually did, spent a little more on a Wildcat MK3. This was the first Benjamin gun that I've not been 100% satisfied with so I'm not hating on them, I just thought it'd feel better to shoot than it did. I'd even consider that my Akela changed the way I expect a gun to feel so I'm not saying the Gunnar is a bad gun by any means. Just not for me.

Thanks for the update, sorry it didn't work out. There is so little chatter on the forums about the Gunnar that I wonder if more people had the same reaction you did. Did you shoot the rifle at all? Did it group well? Did you get any feel for how many shots per fill you could get?

It grouped fine, it got probably 40 shots at full power and the reg set to factory power. Yeah I haven't heard any real feedback from other owners myself. It could be that it's just me, it could be that many people are getting the same experience. I think the gun pretty well does what they say, it just doesn't really feel like $1,000 gun. The tolerance in the butt stock was a little loose.

It grouped fine, it got probably 40 shots at full power and the reg set to factory power. Yeah I haven't heard any real feedback from other owners myself. It could be that it's just me, it could be that many people are getting the same experience. I think the gun pretty well does what they say, it just doesn't really feel like $1,000 gun. The tolerance in the butt stock was a little loose.

Yeah, I think the price tag turns a lot of people off. One of the things I don't like about AR stocks on air rifles are loose buttstocks.

I like my Gunnar .25 but after four weeks it went back to the factory on warranty as the degas screw did not degas. They put a new part in it and today said the original was pushed in the wrong way somehow and are returning it to me. I shot well with a 25 ish grain pellet. I have a brocock commander magnum xr .22 coming so that I have a longer range bit more accurate gun but my initial reaction to the gunnar was I did not like it. It was so different than the wood stocked other rifles. However, in four weeks of shooting it I got very much in favor of it. I am a senior citizen and I have a group of pcps...Marauder .22, jst airacuda max in .22, another in .25, the Gunnar and soon the
Brocock .22 when it comes. At my age I am unlikely to shoot anything at 1 moa at 100 yards but between 20 and 75 yards all of these guns do pretty serviceable groups of nickel to quarter sized for ten shots. Not unhappy with any. they each just met a different need for me. I wish I were somewhere that prairie dogs were as the Brocock can reach out. I ordered slugs to try on the Gunner and the Brocock for distance that are due here shortly.
20240320_114721.jpg