• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Gunnar with carbon fiber tank.

MACTEN

Nov 18, 2020
IA
I don't own one.. Not sure I want one.. But this is my question. Has anyone ever put a CF tank on this rifle? I searched to see if anyone has, but haven't found anything yet. I'm sure it has crossed some minds out here. The benefits are obvious and don't really need explanation. The reason it doesn't have one is also fairly obvious and doesn't need covered here either. I'm not interested in the answers that argue for other airguns that already do have CF.. Or , How much it costs compared to it's features, etc etc etc. Hoping this thread doesn't take a life of it's own in some direction that has nothing to do with the subject, that gets really old. So, with that being said, anyone else know of one out here or thought about it as well?

The Gunnar like all other Kral/Reximex/Kuzey/Benjamin guns use a standard M18x1.5 thread on the bottle. Should be no reason why it wouldn't be a quick direct swap. A few are silly with the amount of loctite used so just make sure you use heat and the proper tools to remove it. I've added CF bottles to nearly all the models except that one.

Troy,

That may be just enough info to experiment.. Not sure the specs on the reg (weather it's capable) but that's a good start ...Were they using lot's of blue or some red on the other rifles threads?

I don't own one.. Not sure I want one.. But this is my question. Has anyone ever put a CF tank on this rifle? I searched to see if anyone has, but haven't found anything yet. I'm sure it has crossed some minds out here. The benefits are obvious and don't really need explanation. The reason it doesn't have one is also fairly obvious and doesn't need covered here either. I'm not interested in the answers that argue for other airguns that already do have CF.. Or , How much it costs compared to it's features, etc etc etc. Hoping this thread doesn't take a life of it's own in some direction that has nothing to do with the subject, that gets really old. So, with that being said, anyone else know of one out here or thought about it as well?

🤔hmmmm… well, I don’t own one either and… well, let’s see… 🤔hmmm… yeah, I can't say that I really want one either… and… well, ok, let me think🤔… nope, I don’t know anyone who did this to theirs…🤔sooo…🤔hmmmm… ok yes, I would have to agree, the reasons for installing a CF bottle on a Gunnar would be glaringly obvious…. but… 🤔well… ok yeah, I suppose that I would also have to agree the reasons the CF bottle wasn’t installed are also glaringly obvious… sooo… 🤔hmmmm…. well sure, can’t really argue how it’s justifiable to buy and install a CF bottle on a brand new Gunnar given its price… I mean, c’mon man, there's just so many other options 😆, buy once cry once, am I right?😆👊🤣😂😅aaaannywho… 🤔hmmmm… 🧐so, yeah, now that I gave it some thought… I guess there’s just not much else to discuss… sooo🙄… what do we do now 🤷‍? 

🤔hmmmm… well, I don’t own one either and… well, let’s see… 🤔hmmm… yeah, I can't say that I really want one either… and… well, ok, let me think🤔… nope, I don’t know anyone who did this to theirs…🤔sooo…🤔hmmmm… ok yes, I would have to agree, the reasons for installing a CF bottle on a Gunnar would be glaringly obvious…. but… 🤔well… ok yeah, I suppose that I would also have to agree the reasons the CF bottle wasn’t installed are also glaringly obvious… sooo… 🤔hmmmm…. well sure, can’t really argue how it’s justifiable to buy and install a CF bottle on a brand new Gunnar given its price… I mean, c’mon man, there's just so many other options 😆, buy once cry once, am I right?😆👊🤣😂😅aaaannywho… 🤔hmmmm… 🧐so, yeah, now that I gave it some thought… I guess there’s just not much else to discuss… sooo🙄… what do we do now 🤷‍? 

How stupid.. And that took quite a while to type out.. lol Already got the answer but thanks 4 looking stupid.

I have put cf tanks on my Kratos and Bighorn. The Kratos and Bighorn required removing some wood from the forearm, other than that it was a simple degas and exchange and the bottles removed easily.

7D445F85-FB6F-4619-9B27-4CE5D979C141.1650817267.jpeg

The Gunnar should be easier because it does not have a forearm to restrict space. So it should be a degas and R and R. I have used the Kratos with a regulator at times, you need to pay attention unscrewing the bottle so that you do not turn the other joints, ie the regulator.

Once you remove the metal tank, hold each bottle in your hands to compare the weight, you will find the difference enlightening, in more ways than one.

Good luck,

Roachcreek

Reactions: rafajpg
I have put cf tanks on my Kratos and Bighorn. The Kratos and Bighorn required removing some wood from the forearm, other than that it was a simple degas and exchange and the bottles removed easily.

7D445F85-FB6F-4619-9B27-4CE5D979C141.1650817267.jpeg

The Gunnar should be easier because it does not have a forearm to restrict space. So it should be a degas and R and R. I have used the Kratos with a regulator at times, you need to pay attention unscrewing the bottle so that you do not turn the other joints, ie the regulator.

Once you remove the metal tank, hold each bottle in your hands to compare the weight, you will find the difference enlightening, in more ways than one.

Good luck,

Roachcreek

That's a cool looking setup you have! I put a CF tank on a BigHorn I had and it worked well.. It wasn't regulated though. Do you go above 3000 psi or just get more shots? Or both?