Benjamin Benjamin Gunnar, Is It Any Good ? You Be the Judge

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post up on the Gunnar in .22 with my findings.

1st off a little history on why/how i ended up with this gun.
As some of you know i was looking for a "budget gun " for a big family get together. The purpose was to keep my high end guns safe and not have to worry about them getting dropped or abused .

I originally purchased a JTS Aircuda Max for this purpose, needless to say that was a Complete disaster. Brand new gun leaks, multiple leaks, terrible accuracy, i may as well have grabbed a handful of pellets and thrown them at the target and would have been more accurate, horrible shot count, anyway you get the point...Gun went back to dealer and i washed my hands of it.

This led me to the Gunnar .
To be honest i really was not expecting much, i watched a couple of vids on them but the price seemed a bit high to me.
So i searched a few sites and found a deal on one that included a free Benjamin Hand Pump, don't need one but i figured i could always sell it to offset some of the cost of the Gunnar.

Now to the fun part, Gun arrives packed in a VERY nice hard case, dual handles and wheels to boot, the case also has room for a scope on high mounts, sweet.
To the gun itself, i was pretty dang impressed with the feel of the gun, it does Not feel cheap, killer grip on it, more than acceptable adjustable butt stock.
Cocking is butter smooth
Trigger is not too bad, a little on the heavy side but Very predictable, nice trigger shoe as well.
The gun is More than backyard friendly without a moderator, it does come with the thread adapter if you need it Uber quiet.
Comes with 2 x 12 round mags
The gun does have a spring twang to it, the initial 300 rounds or so it was pronounced but as i have gotten through approx 1500 rounds now it has become a Lot less "twangy"

Now to what we all want to know will the damn thing shoot, well you be the judge....
I have done nothing to this gun but clean the barrel and shoot.
It came from the factory with Regulator set at 1800
Zero Reg creep

The pics below show a pretty dang nice chronograph sheet i shot using the FX 18.13 pellets
The target in the Pic is a 12 shot group @ 44 yards using the same FX pellets

Overall i personally think this is Great Entry Level Package

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

Last edited:
This is still on my list of “To buy” airguns, but it’s been bumped down the list a few times now in favor of other stuff that’s caught my attention. There are a lot of other nice (nicer) options out there in the same general price ballpark. Eventually I’ll come across a good sale on one and snatch it up.
Looks like a shooter! Nice group at 44 yds! Looks exactly like a group shot from my Kratos in .22. It’s a tack driver as well.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
This is still on my list of “To buy” airguns, but it’s been bumped down the list a few times now in favor of other stuff that’s caught my attention. There are a lot of other nice (nicer) options out there in the same general price ballpark. Eventually I’ll come across a good sale on one and snatch it up.
Looks like a shooter! Nice group at 44 yds! Looks exactly like a group shot from my Kratos in .22. It’s a tack driver as well.
Yeah i guess i should have put the purchase price in the original post.. so i will do so now.

I bought the gun Brand New from Airgun Depot for 799.00 shipped and that included the 3500 psi Benjamin Hand Pump as a freebie, so yeah at that price it was a pretty good deal IMO

Yeah i guess i should have put the purchase price in the original post.. so i will do so now.

I bought the gun Brand New from Airgun Depot for 799.00 shipped and that included the 3500 psi Benjamin Hand Pump as a freebie, so yeah at that price it was a pretty good deal IMO
Yeah that is a good deal! I’m going to go check that out. Thanks!

Yeah the Turks sure can make nice guns.
I get it man..
I am an OG, Benjamin / Sheridan Purist myself..
My 1st, true powerful airgun was a Sheridan Blue Streak as a teenager.

I can say with this Gunnar being Branded by Benjamin the parts availability, service availability, and the 5 year warranty is a good thing.. Especially for Entry / Beginner Class PCP..

I see the pains and hardships as far as parts support and service of some of the other brands in this class, this makes the Gunnar look even better IMHO

In nearly every video I have watched, the end of the 500cc tank looks to nearly touch the barrel shroud. The same could even said about the posted image, is there an issue here?. My question is, is there any flex in the tank mounting point? Also, does the bottom picatinny rail flex and touch the tank when resting on the bi-pod?
The bottle is solid, on mine anyway, the pic is at a top looking down angle giving the illusion of it being close to the shroud. In reality it is equal distance front to back.

Now as to the Lower Rail, Yes it does flex, and Yes it does rest on the bottle.
Hasn't been a negative issue as far as I can tell

Reactions: DRAGON64
I have 3 of these rifles:
Benjamin Akela .177
Benjamin Cayden .22
Reximex Daystar .177

They are all essentially the same rifle action as the Gunnar (and Kratos).

I’ve shot 198+ with each of them in the 30 Yard Challenge. To do so, your rifle must be consistently shooting sub 1/4” groups at 30 yards.

So, my conclusion is that these Turkish barrels are consistently accurate barrels.

The rifles will benefit from having a few things polished up and adjusted, but when you are starting with a good barrel, your overall experience is likely going to be happier.

-Ed