Benjamin Fortitude's Ballistic Anomaly For Your Consideration

I'm contemplating a Benjamin Fortitude. A video from Airgun Depot did some ballistic testing. Some info from it. (Btw, I want to use it for hunting rabbits & jacks in the desert. The jacks especially, if jumped, run and when they stop & in sight, they are 50+ away. If we do a sit & wait, we see them much closer).

Here is the info. followed by my question:

After 75 shot strings, the .177 velocities are remarkably consistent.

.177 (10.5 gr. Crosman Prem. Ultra-Mag) - Ave. Velocity: 845 fps ... Ave. FPE: 16.65 ft.lbs. Standard Dev: 8.85

.22 (Gr. not mentioned but I calculated a 13.2 gr. & pellet used) - Ave. Velocity: 790 fps ... Ave. FPE: 18.60 ft.lbs. Standard Dev: 16.16

.177 was quite consistent, while the .22 was noticeably less. The presenter stated that the .177s were more typical (they looked higher than most, to me). --- The .22 was said to be lower than typical (I agree). *Since his target test (of 5 dif. pellets) did not use a 13.2 gr. perhaps the .22 #s are in error.

My question is (if #s are all correct), although the .177 smaller in diameter the ft.lbs. are only less by 2 1/2 ft.lbs. than the .22. Would that mean the .177 having a flatter trajectory, although smaller in diameter, would be as effective as a small game/varmint round?

I have a fortitude generation two 22caliber And It shoots 15 grain pellets 750 ft./s.That’s on the factory setting. You can adjust the hammer spring in but it doesn’t make a big difference on that particular rifle. They have the regulators dialed down a little bit on those guns to get more shots per fill.But mine is a good shooting gun that is pretty accurate. It’s not my most accurate PCP rifle but it’s close. I haven’t tested a bunch of different pellets though. Once I found one that shot good enough for me I left it at that.