• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Fortitude Generation 2

Well, the Gen 2 Fortitude is almost here and I've been checking-out an early production sample.

First thoughts? They've definitely reduced the trigger pull weight and cocking effort. These, of course, are two of the main aims of the new version.

There's also an adjustable hammer spring preload capability. I've tried this out and find that the gun I tested - at least - was very well set-up from the factory. Increasing the preload did increase muzzle velocity - but only by about 20 FPS on average over the "consistent" shots. And it certainly led to a reduction in shots per fill, as you would expect.

Taking the hammer spring preload to zero gave a textbook example of what happens when you do this. But why would you?

Looks like a definite improvement to me over the first version.

Stephen Archer

Hard Air Magazine

So basically it shoots Iike a well tuned Prod with about 10-15 extra shots. I'm a bit less excited about it now than I was previously.

From what I've heard , many of the lower-end ($$$) regulated guns have this nasty little habit of shooting the first shot 2" off zero after sitting awhile. Is this not true? If it is true then it would be worthless as a serious squirrel gun. For me at least.

I'd like to see a 10 shot group with 2 shots taken every hour for 6 shots, then 2 shots taken after 2 hours, and then the final 2 taken after 3 hours. Just to see.