• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

benjamin discovery repair

I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD benjamin discovery and it has only been shot maybe 3 tanks full I use it to keep squirrel out of my house and it lost all of its air the last time I shot it and will not pump back up
any Ideas on how to repair it ????
I looked on youtube and there is not much on them so point me the right direction of give me an Idea on how to repair it

I had it happen before with mine sometimes you have to cock it before you fill (I know the manual says...) the weight of the hammer holds the valve open if you already doing this it possibly something else holding the valve open IE foreign contaminant or a broken/collapsed valve spring?. I would just disassemble, inspect and clean myself but if you don't know how it can be a donating task but not impossible.Taking it apart is the same as a crosman 2260 2240 2250 only difference is the gauge port.

thanks I do have it out of the stock but can use any advice I can get regarding the benjamin discovery

its only been shot maybe a 100 times in three years it jest makes me wander jest how good of air gun it really is
the last pump up I had was a 45 year old 5MM Silver streak that I gave to my son. 
I am not even sure ware to get parts for the Benjamin discovery
but thanks for the advice

yes tried cocking it I think I have tried most everything you can do except taking it apart all the way
its jest my luck to get a lemon;
changing the subject I have been looking at some nitro piston guns but have no idea which one it the best I really don't like what I am seeing .
I was looking for a under barrel cocking lever like the old Chinese spring guns but I am old and need scopes now days because I can focus on the sights 
but every thing I am reading is no accuracy on the brake over barrels I am going half to dig out an old Chinese gun I have in the shope and see if there is a way to mount a scope on it darn red squirrel are getting in the house and I need to take them out asap 

What you might like is maybe a QB78 deluxe its co2 but still very nice and not to much of a hit on the pocket book however co2 doesn't like the cold so if you in the cold climate its not going to preform as good as it should check out archer air gun since your taking Chinese air guns they have a nice repeater QB78 http://www.archerairguns.com/ He only ships U.S so as long as your in the states you"ll be able to order from him. In my opinion and experience anything over five hundred fps is going to do squirrels it'll just matter how close you have to get.

Spring guns are numerous and many it seems like they're make by the millions upon millions lol.
My first springer was a Gamo model 68 with the tube feed for repeating shots very cool i liked it way back when I was 17
My first magnum spring was a Diana model 34 which i still have 918 fps 177 I would drive pellets on top of each other lol
it made me learn about the importance of pellet weights I would shot light pellets and it would shot left constantly.
I also have a crosman phantom in .22 cal I thought the price was right lets buy. I hated it sucked for accuracy a real scope killer
then I leaned of a kit that replaces the spring with a nitro gas strut which made all the difference in the world it's really nice now when i do my part.

William you need to get a hold of Rick Willnecker. Precision Pellet, Contact him at http://www.airgunshop.net/ or call 717-382-1481. Email [email protected] .
He can help you with the Disco. It may be the o rings Crosman puts in them. The port hole where the gauge mounts to the gauge port may be clean up with something. I had both the 1761-005 o rings bad. Then every time I try to put the new seals in with the gauge port they cut the first one. Rick told to take a rat tail file to clean up the burrs on the inside. I did one better and took a old 2 stone brake hone and clean it up.