• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Discovery in depth review 25-50 Yard and best ammo testing (Video)

Long in depth review of the Discovery .22 cal PCP Air Rifle. 

I try out about 30 or so different brands of pellets and select the top 5 for this gun.

I made this 2 years ago, just had a chance to post it. The intent is to help those looking to get in to PCP Air Rifles to get a better idea the best choices of ammos and what kind of groups to expect with the ammo types.

Enjoy! 
Please note the 100 Yard video I posted on here is using the top 5 ammo results from this video. 

"led_lobber86"very very nice and informative video :) two thumbs up .

gun tho , is shooting way to hot it seems as some pellets have strong spiral even at 25m , am i right ?

great scope cam work , people not having tried scope cam shooting might comment not good stability or whatever ... try it out before commenting lol ... its hard!
Hello Led Lobber. 
The shakiness of the scope is my own fault in this case. The table I was using was thin cheap plastic, it wobbles like crazy but it’s all I had at the time. I'm buying a Tripod with rifle rest here soon, that should help :) 

about what you asked about the gun shooting to hot. To be honest I don't have the experience to answer that. I’ve only used 2 Air Rifles, my Discovery and Cricket. I haven’t really had issues with either once I found the right pellet. I can’t really answer your question L Scope work sure is a pain that’s for sure! Have to hold it out in front of you, real pain. At least with my cricket the rail is longer which allows me to move the scope forward and give my neck a little bit of a break. But I still have to rest the stock on my chest to see. 

"Mentolio"Great video, thanks for sharing it. Do you find that the TKO opens your groups up a bit when compared to shooting with the stock weight on the end of the barrel?
Hello Mentolio,

The TKO arrived the same day as the discovery, I only fired a few test shots with it off. I was really shocked how loud it was. I put the TKO on right away. No real bench time with it off to compare. 

"Dan25"That was a very good ammo test and shows that to get the most out of your gun you need to test a variety of pellets. I would assume the setup was regulated to 2000 or less? As expected the diablo types did better than the flats and hollow points. I think most Disco users will use Crosmans followed by JSB and H&N.
Thanks!

2000 PSI, Had it hooked to the tank the entire time to ensure the testing would be even across the board.