• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Discovery (.22)

Tman

May 15, 2015
I have decided to buy a Discovery. I have money saved up but the only deal I can find is either the gun and a pump with no scope or a gun and a scope with no pump. The pump is another $150 so I have various questions. Would the iron sights work until I can save money for a scope? And what would be a good option for a scope? Should I get the pump or scope bundle?
Thanks-tman

I got the gun and pump bundle from Pyramyd. I took the sights off as soon as the gun arrived to put on a TKO muzzle break. So I have no idea of how well they work.

Perhaps the pump will poop out next week--but it has made at least 200 fills and works fine on a 2000psi gun. I also have the CenterPoint 4x16x40AO and am less than enthusiastic about it--. Just one opinion, but I would get the pump and gun and look around a bit for a scope. Compare some reviews etc. 

Good luck. You will love the gun

I have to agree with TexasHoosier. I would suggest going with the gun and pump combo, then get a good scope later. The bundled scopes are often less than awesome (frankly, they often suck), and what's the point of getting a scope you'll likely just want to replace later? I mounted a UTG 30mm SWAT 3-12x44 compact scope and love it. It is currently available for $106.99 on Amazon, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KRA4YG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=5MFJ9JM71Q4P&coliid=IYH5IOKN1YDW9

you'll just need some decent dove tail scope rings for it. Also, I suggest at least considering a refurbished gun combo. My Marauder .25 is a refurb, and functions perfectly.