• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Discovery 100 Yard testing (Video)

Hello all, Life time Spinger shooter. Around 2013 I was looking to purchase a new Pellet rifle and I stumbled upon Ted's videos. I believe the first one was a 100 yard bird shot. I thought no way in heck with a pullet rifle, I've been shooting these all my life, just no way! I couldn't believe what I saw. I was amazed the range of these shots.

ever heard of or saw anything about "PCP" air rifle before. I decided after watching his review of the Discovery it would be a good way to try out Airguns on more of a budget and see what I think.

Once it arrived I was hooked. The range and accuracy was like no other pullet rifle I used before. I go hunting a lot, with springers past 40 yards its pretty iffy if your going to get something. This simple entry level air rifle I was taking on game 70 yards. For the first time I had to learn about hold over, it was never an issue because I could never before shoot at this range :) .

It didn't take long before I bought a scuba tank and was at the range. People crowd around me wondering what the heck it is that i'm shooting when they saw me fill it with the scuba tank. I guess we live under a rock here in PA.

The following year I purchased the .25 Cricket. Now i'm hitting pest birds myself past 100 yards. 

One thing that I couldn't really find during my research in the discovery is, can it hit 100 yards? I made this video back in 2013 but just got around to posting it. 

I also did a video of 30 different pellets @ both 25 and 50 yards for testing to discover which is the best for this gun. If that's something you guys would be interested in i'll post it. From all my testing I found that for my Discovery it prefers the H&N Baracude Match 21.14 . Little heavy but it's very smooth flight. Because of the weight you might have to adjust your scope up a click or two if you give them a try. The Crosman Premier 14.30gr is what is recommended. They do work well, I find the 21.14 to be a bit more stable and smooth.

I recently moved and joined a Gun club in the area. In a few weeks I'll finally have time to head up there. I'll hook up the camera on the cricket, it's quite amazing.

Hope this handy for those looking to get in to PCP Air Rifles and have their eye on the Discovery. At the time I used a cheap flimsy plastic table so please excuse the shaky scope. 

Here is a link to the Discovery 100 yard testing. 

Reactions: FeatherV
"Mentolio"Another very informative video. First shot you took with the CP HPs really had some corkscrew to it! Have you tried CP brown box pellets? Mine seems to like them and JSB 15.89s, though I haven't stretched it out past 50.
Haven't tried those yet. Other countries have their own line as well I'd like to get my hands on. I really enjoy watching The Squirrel hunter channel, wouldn't mind trying out the pellets they use. 

How has the rifle held up? I've had many Gamo rifles over the past years since that was what everyone talked about. But they just seem to loose accuracy after a couple of years, now the thing can't hit a bird half the time at 30 yards. I've tried re-zeroing the rifle and put one of my Leopolds on it. But its shooting almost a 20 MOA spread, it's not my shooting I can shoot a dime group with my .308 at 100 yrds. I am about ready to burn the thing, and am wanting to get a solid rifle to last longer...

Hawke Sidewinder 35. I bought this scope in prep for the cricket that I was waiting on order at the time. I used a cheap plastic folding table, not the most stable. I used to ctk precision rifle rest. I messed out 100 yards. Hauled everything out there and went shooting. It was one hot day it was the first week of July.

In a few weeks I plan a trip to the range and see if I can get some footage in with the cricket. Just have to remember how to use this camera, its been a while.