• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Cayden

IMG_1849.1609450990.JPG
ToddGeddes63, I'm so sorry for not having my power level on the Cayden at the fully open position. The 17.5 or the 20.2 grains at the 30 yards I shot should be one hold groups. That new slug for the Daystate rifle should be a good one but you only get 100 in a can. Can't call them by name right off but I think their head size is 5.51. Sort of like those FX hybrid slugs. I want to get the sample slugs from H&N but they are back-ordered. Soon as I get the chance, I will reshoot the 20.2 grains again. PS; I did re-shoot the NSA 20.3-grain slugs at High power from the Cayden, not too bad at 30 yards.

I just watched the airgun detective trigger video for these 3 airguns.

I only did part of the the job on my Kratos and stopped after adjusting the sear screw. I adjusted it until it fired and then backed off a 1/2 turn or so until it cocked.

Thus far it has made a big difference.

I did find something I was not pleased with, the sear screw is not straight up and down as it appears in the AGD video. I would perhaps think it was that way on purpose, however the trigger plate screws are also at an angle and the AGD video Kratos did not exhibit those abnormalities. Does not seem to affect things, the rifle functions as it should, is easy to work on, that and I am not anal enough to send it back because I wanted one with 90 degree screw presentation.

For now I am holding off on replacing the trigger return spring with one cut from a ball point pen and polishing the two parts in the aluminum trigger assembly to call it a complete job,

These are great rifles and far better made than mn my Diana Skyhawk and Prod and easier than a Benjamin Bulldog to work on, due to the ease of access to the action parts.

Regards,

Roachcreek

ToddGeddes63 , The 17.5 and 20.2 NSA fits the mags, okay but loose. You can hardly detect moving the pellets into the breach. I'm only experimenting but do not continue to shoot the Slugs on a regular basis. My guess is though the 25-29 grain slugs will be the magic ones. I'll hold off until the weather warms up. Man it is cold here in the midwest.

ToddGeddes63 , The 17.5 and 20.2 NSA fits the mags, okay but loose. You can hardly detect moving the pellets into the breach. I'm only experimenting but do not continue to shoot the Slugs on a regular basis. My guess is though the 25-29 grain slugs will be the magic ones. I'll hold off until the weather warms up. Man it is cold here in the midwest.

Thanks for the info on the slugs. Here in Boise, it has been cold and cloudy. I work in the mountains, it was snowing so hard at lunch, I couldn't see my target out to 80 yards. Snowed so much that we left early to get home! 

ToddGeddes63, I have more slugs to be in today. So far the NSA 17.5, 2165"s grouped well and I hope to try the NSA 20.3 grains soon. 

I tried the NSA 17.5 gr x 2175 DIA. at 40 yrds these were awesome! goin for the 20.3' GR x .2175 next!! my gun is not pellet fussy and shoots the CPHP 14.3 GR sweet too, ( good for the budget ) but it's nice to know that it does slugs well. 

I just watched the airgun detective trigger video for these 3 airguns.

I only did part of the the job on my Kratos and stopped after adjusting the sear screw. I adjusted it until it fired and then backed off a 1/2 turn or so until it cocked.

Thus far it has made a big difference.

I did find something I was not pleased with, the sear screw is not straight up and down as it appears in the AGD video. I would perhaps think it was that way on purpose, however the trigger plate screws are also at an angle and the AGD video Kratos did not exhibit those abnormalities. Does not seem to affect things, the rifle functions as it should, is easy to work on, that and I am not anal enough to send it back because I wanted one with 90 degree screw presentation.

For now I am holding off on replacing the trigger return spring with one cut from a ball point pen and polishing the two parts in the aluminum trigger assembly to call it a complete job,

These are great rifles and far better made than mn my Diana Skyhawk and Prod and easier than a Benjamin Bulldog to work on, due to the ease of access to the action parts.

Regards,

Roachcreek

I watched the AGD video as well. Looks easy enough to do. Thanks for posting your results, info like this are useful for the rest of us that have the craftsman line