Benjamin Cayden

ebr1.jpg

...this is what I found when I googled EBR...

...well surprise surprise, my Cayden seems to be shooting JSB 18.13's really well...even struggling with the Barska red dot...

...I was surprised by the amount of stuff in the boor...not so much the amount of the black greasy stuff so much as the fine metal particles...

...if they had shaved a pound (or two!) off it I would have liked it a lot better methinks, but like it I do, and I don't like much...it is as solidly built as an Airforce rifle...feels a lot more like a fine rifle...I like how the action works, smooth and easy and does not seem to damage the pellets...I can see how some one would think it was worth putting a good barrel on one...

...I wonder if Crossman will come out with a Lothar option in the future...???... ( more likely for the SA Marauder, eh )

...now I will just have to eat squirrels for a while...I have had to put my car in the shop...

...this place impairs my priorities some....arrrg...😬

...well, it ended up @ 11 lbs, with the Alpha 6 scope, DonnlyFL Shogun LDC, a full magazine, and a 7/8" light leather sling....

...it was 8.5 lbs with a Tanto LDC and the Vortex Venom red dot...but it was too loud and I could not see anything...

...I could hit things but not see them well enough...

...HOUSE "SPARROW"...kill on sight...
Female_House_Sparrow.jpg
c53a9795b43d7afc54afdb65fc78dfd7.jpg

...SONG SPARROW...don't shoot...!!!...

...the CZ S 200 with the Tanto and a 2x7x40 scope weights 7.2 lbs...that is the scope it used to have on it...

...the Airforce Escape with a 4x16x50 scope and Emperor LDC weights 8.5 lbs...it has a heavy BLK scope mount mount, too...

...this Cayden is a tank...it probably weights as much as that M14 EBR I posted...!!!... 😬

Last edited:
...after a bit of shooting with the Alpha 6 scope, it seems the Cayden I drew is every bit as accurate as my CZ 200s are, at least at the 20 yard range I have been shooting over...

...two things I don't like but knew aboot going in are the weight of the Cayden and some of the attributes of the spring loaded self indexing magazines...

...a lot of times I don't take a shot and the magazines make de cocking the gun a chore...I don't like it sitting in the house on "safe"...

...I had thought the Cayden would be more popular than it appears to be here, but now I can appreciate why the Akela is selling so well...

I'm very happy with my Cayden, accurate, great string and plenty of power. The only thing I've done so far to it is an LDC, very quiet now, they're very loud without one. I've been using my cast 23 grain NOE Hunter Magnums in it only. Here's a five shot group at 50 yards with it.

https://youtu.be/35BUQ0aEE7o

I love mine and it's very accurate,,looks like Florida, I live north of pcola and good shooting there

I agree it's a great gun as I have owned it for 3 years in bullpup form. The kral puncher breaker. My only thing is why is it so expensive it's identical to the original puncher pro that retails for 400 bucks right now and pro comes w shroud. Puncher breaker is at 450 last time I checked and is also shrouded. I don't know what they are actually going for but swore I just saw a Cayden for 600? Correct me if I'm wrong but yes great mid range gun and very easy to up the power w no parts just dremel mods.

5 year warranty

...holy thread resurrection...!!!...

...I forgot the buyers remorse I initially had over the Cayden...much like I am currently dealing with @ Ghost...

...really glad I kept the Cayden now...it is a clunker but has turned out to be very reliable...

...it sat for over 18 months and was still
spot on when called into service after the Air Maks Caiman I became infatuated with crapped out...

...like I said on the Ghost thread, there isn't really much to post aboot the Cayden...

...no adjustments or problems to fret over...it would be like posting aboot Eveready batteries...

...ironically, I had no remorse over buying the Air Maks Caiman...I do now...!!!...LoL...!!!...

...I did think of something else to post @ Cayden...it actually only took the tiny Tanto moderator to quite it down to back yard friendly...

...it didn't really need the Shogun after all...

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddGeddes63
...holy thread resurrection...!!!...

...I forgot the buyers remorse I initially had over the Cayden...much like I am currently dealing with @ Ghost...

...really glad I kept the Cayden now...it is a clunker but has turned out to be very reliable...

...it sat for over 18 months and was still
spot on when called into service after the Air Maks Caiman I became infatuated with crapped out...

...like I said on the Ghost thread, there isn't really much to post aboot the Cayden...

...no adjustments or problems to fret over...it would be like posting aboot Eveready batteries...

...ironically, I had no remorse over buying the Air Maks Caiman...I do now...!!!...LoL...!!!...

...I did think of something else to post @ Cayden...it actually only took the tiny Tanto moderator to quite it down to back yard friendly...

...it didn't really need the Shogun...

Yep – simple, accurate and reliable.

I recommend an Akela/Cayden/Kratos as a 1st PCP.

Simple to tune and maintain. Will impart 1st hand knowledge of how PCPs work and how a shot string can be optimized.

My Cayden with a 2.8” cut down factory hammer spring, polished up 8 ounce trigger, Tru-Oiled walnut stock.

Mine loves H&N Baracuda 15s. Unregulated shot string of 60+ shots with 16fps extreme spread.

Budget gun, yet accurate enough for even precision backyard target shooting – Thirty Yard Challenge 10-ring is .125” in diameter.

Do you really need that $2,000 high complexity rifle for your 1st PCP, lol?

IMG_3716.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

Cayden with 15g H&N shot strings.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg