• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Cayden

I just took advantage of the free Friday shipping and the coupon code and ordered a new Benjamin Cayden. I'm hearing some positive comments on them, and it seems like a pretty good deal.

1596805688_10639488255f2d523879b439.92492031.jpeg

I'll let y'all know what I think once it arrives...

I agree it's a great gun as I have owned it for 3 years in bullpup form. The kral puncher breaker. My only thing is why is it so expensive it's identical to the original puncher pro that retails for 400 bucks right now and pro comes w shroud. Puncher breaker is at 450 last time I checked and is also shrouded. I don't know what they are actually going for but swore I just saw a Cayden for 600? Correct me if I'm wrong but yes great mid range gun and very easy to up the power w no parts just dremel mods. 

Great question! And I have no idea... Hopefully, Crosman will stock parts and they will be easier to obtain. It would be interesting to know if the parts are interchangeable with the Kral Puncher rifles. If so, I'll be ordering a Huma regulator for it before too long! I did shoot an e-mail to Huub to see if he had anything that would work...

It's $450 ordering direct from Crosman.com (w/coupon), and it has a 5 year warranty, so that's some reassurance, for what it's worth...

I really like the Cayden and was about to click the buy button, but then I heard about the Marauder semi-auto coming out soon. It has the same classic lines, but I am intrigued to buy a semi-auto built on top of a proven platform for under $1,000. But I really would like to know more about the Cayden, please post a review when you had a chance to play with it.

My Akela got here Wednesday. Will be a little while before I can really get in to it with the work I have waiting but looks nice. Stock and balance is very nice. 

Quick notes. Fully shrouded with a marauder style air diffuser and 7 marauder baffles. The barrel is just short of the end of the airtube. The shroud shares the threads of the kral so the Donnyfl Kral adapter fits. 

Came charges with 3000psi of air so ran a quick chrony and runs hot. 950ish with JSB 18.13gr but only for 2-3 mags Before a pretty steady drop. Definitely over sprung with about 3/4" of preload. Should easily be set up for 48-60 shots at 30fpe+
1596823190_19321615885f2d96966bc0b1.84309665.jpg

My Akela got here Wednesday. Will be a little while before I can really get in to it with the work I have waiting but looks nice. Stock and balance is very nice. 

Quick notes. Fully shrouded with a marauder style air diffuser and 7 marauder baffles. The barrel is just short of the end of the airtube. The shroud shares the threads of the kral so the Donnyfl Kral adapter fits. 

Came charges with 3000psi of air so ran a quick chrony and runs hot. 950ish with JSB 18.13gr but only for 2-3 mags Before a pretty steady drop. Definitely over sprung with about 3/4" of preload. Should easily be set up for 48-60 shots at 30fpe+
1596823190_19321615885f2d96966bc0b1.84309665.jpg

I heard that the Marauder baffles are really effective. And easy to get replacement ones.

Thanks for any reports on performance. I was surprised to find out none of these three Turkish offerings were regulated since Crosman started putting their own regulators in the Field and Target Marauders. The most simple explanation is that crosman's regulator is not compatible because these Turkish models are totally outsourced to Kral. Whether that is good or bad is for another day. I'm not sure how a typical unregulated kral performs- I recall on AEAC the puncher breaker had some good numbers. The Akela looks really sharp with the walnut stock, top pic rail and sidelever. For under $500 if you can put 2 mags through it at those power numbers and keep the ES at 40-50fps then you have a great combo of sharp looks, good value and good performance.

...well fuk, I will just attach my findings to this thread...I just took advantage of all the savings too...I hope I get nice wood...(on the rifle)

...I guess I won't be telling anyone stuff we don't already know, but I can tell you aboot my percentage...

...I was sort of in the market for a smooth, accurate .22 repeater...the Rowen magazine I bought for the CZ S200 is pretty lame...

...I was thinking along the lines of AA S510 but then...this...the foster fitting and sling swivel studs helped pushed me over the edge...but......

...Yo made me do it...