Tuning Benjamin Cayden ...regulated.

I get 52 shots with extreme spread of 20 @32 fpe (18.13 grains at 895 fps).. My friend turned his down a tad 870 fps and gets a few more shots than mine.. A regulator may squeeze out a few more shots.. I figure 4 mags (12 shots), 48 shots is fine with me.. If I turned mine down to 30 fpe maybe I could get 60+ shots, I am not sure, I never tried it..

There is something to be said about the simplicity of a good air rifle without the added complication of a regulator. Mostly I would say this more about a bottle gun, which gives you so many available shots that you can determine the pressure range it likes best, and still get a bunch of shots with a pretty low ES.

But the Cayden is a bit of a different animal in my experience. Even though it has an air cylinder instead of a bottle, I still never found myself wanting for more shots-per-fill from it, when shooting within the flattest part of the shot string.

The Cayden is a fine shooting little rifle. Sure, it would be nice to have any real adjustability in its trigger, but for the price it is a heck of a gun as it comes from the factory. I have never even thought about putting a reg into mine.