Benjamin Cayden questions

redog

Dec 12, 2020
CA
First time poster here. Used to be a regular on the Yellow Forum several years ago. I just decided to get back into air guns and ordered a Cayden. I was wondering how loud the gun is compared to e.g. HW97 or TX200. Does the noise level come down if you shoot with reduced power in the backyard or do I need a moderator? (any recommendations for an inexpensive but effective one?)

I will probably use a 3x9 maybe 4x16 scope, What ring height do you recommend? I assume medium might be too low to clear the mag?

Thanks 

...medium mounts worked fine for me...there is just enough room for the magazine...I bought these...

618G5OKG-oL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
Amazon.com: WestHunter Optics Picatinny Rifle Scope Rings,1"/30mm Tactical Precision Low Profile Scope Mount for Hunting and Shooting,Black: Sports & Outdoors

...I bought this scope...Odoyle told me to back when he was still Yo...you should always ask yourself, what would Yo do...???...

...they were cheaper but they are still an excellent bargain and a good scope...I did not send mine back...

aim-sports-alpha-6-4-5-27x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle-1.jpg.optimal.jpg

Aim Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27X50 30MM Riflescope With MR1 Mrad Reticle - AR15Discounts

...the gun is pretty loud...a $99 DonnyFL Tanto will screw right onto the barrel and reduce the bark w/o breaking the bank or making the gun unwieldy...

...his bigger cans do a better job but cost more and are...bigger...

...if I were buying a can just for my Cayden I would be looking at The "FX" model, even though it says "FX Airguns" on it...

...it is 5" long like the Tanto but slightly fatter...it is $120...

...the Tanto still has some bark, but the pellet impact is often louder...the FX has a little more volume w/o getting awkward...

...the really big cans eliminate the bark but tend to make the gun unwieldy...the Sumo might be a good compromise on the quiet side...

...I use the Tanto or a Shogun because they are what I have...the Shogun is a longer version of the Sumo... 

...ToddGeddes63 just bought a Cayden and uses the Sumo on it with satisfactory results...with the Shogun the sound is just a puff of air...I would imagine it is pretty much the same with the shorter Sumo...

you are right about the length with the sumo it's a little long for sure, but the shh that it brings, is worth it. 

...Donny FL is not the only guy selling LDC's but IMHO he is the guy to talk to...his service is 100%...

...the only can I don't like is the Tatsu...it is aboot volume, but long and thin works better than short and fat...long and fat works best...

DonnyFL - Airgun Suppressor - Edgun, Vulcan, FX, Hatsan & Kalibrgun

FX DonnyFL

FXDonnyFL_1024x1024@2x.jpg

...medium mounts worked fine for me...there is just enough room for the magazine...I bought these...

618G5OKG-oL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
Amazon.com: WestHunter Optics Picatinny Rifle Scope Rings,1"/30mm Tactical Precision Low Profile Scope Mount for Hunting and Shooting,Black: Sports & Outdoors

...I bought this scope...Odoyle told me to back when he was still Yo...

...they were cheaper but they are still an excellent bargain and a good scope...I did not send mine back...

aim-sports-alpha-6-4-5-27x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle-1.jpg.optimal.jpg

Aim Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27X50 30MM Riflescope With MR1 Mrad Reticle - AR15Discounts

...the gun is pretty loud...a $99 DonnyFL Tanto will screw right onto the barrel and reduce the bark w/o breaking the bank or making the gun unwieldy...

...his bigger cans do a better job but cost more and are...bigger...

...if I were buying a can just for my Cayden I would be looking at The "FX" model, even though it says "FX Airguns" on it...

...it is 5" long like the Tanto but slightly fatter...it is $120...

...the Tanto still has some bark, but the pellet impact is often louder...the FX has a little more volume w/o getting awkward...

...the really big cans eliminate the bark but tend to make the gun unwieldy...the Sumo might be a good compromise on the quiet side...

...I use the Tanto or a Shogun because they are what I have...the Shogun is a longer version of the Sumo... 

...ToddGeddes63 just bought a Cayden and uses the Sumo on it with satisfactory results...with the Shogun the sound is just a puff of air...I would imagine it is pretty much the same with the shorter Sumo...

you are right about the length with the sumo it's a little long for sure, but the shh that it brings, is worth it. 

...Donny FL is not the only guy selling LDC's but IMHO he is the guy to talk to...his service is 100%...

DonnyFL - Airgun Suppressor - Edgun, Vulcan, FX, Hatsan & Kalibrgun

FX DonnyFL

FXDonnyFL_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Alpha6 cheaper here free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/p/11020040390

On low power it’s perfectly backyard friendly for my location. It shoots as slow at 470fps which is great for 25M and under and it’s not loud enough to annoy the neighbours. But you can crank it up and get it over 1000fps with lead if you wish! 

I’m also running the same west hunter rings, I had two other sets that didn’t work and has to order them. 

47BAABAF-8724-4A7F-94E8-9C1014F19B09.1608168237.jpeg

Thanks for the photo and the info. Looks like a beauty. I looked at those rings. Was going to order Leapers or accushot in Medium and High. Looks like you still have a bit of space between scope and action.

Yeah there is, and you can see I adjusted the cheek piece to match. The two medium sets I had did not work with not enough clearance for the mag, so I moved up to the higher set. I did not actually try the Westhunter Mediums, but Odoyle above said they worked for him. I may buy the mediums as well in brown to try them out. 

8F9C8AF5-FF6A-488C-83C6-51BD4C9FAF3A.1608211839.jpeg

...you could go with lower mounts... 1.1" rather than 1.4" over center...

...the 1.1 " mounts re in the photo I posted...

...this is the "high" mount...I am using the "low" mount although it is really a medium IMHO... 

51+TuWWyb3L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

...the mounts come in both sizes and may colors...

...I have the 1.1" mounts and it clears the magazine snuggly but with plenty of space even though it is a close fit @ the adjustment knob housing on my 30mm Alpha6 scope...

...I like to eliminate as much parallax as possible...

Ok, thanks. was a bit confused since they don't have medium mounts. Will get the low. Now I need to get a scope. just realized that I don't have anything lying around anymore.

Tempted to get my favorite Leupold freedom 3x9EFR but they are as hard to find as most scopes that are recommended around here. 

Might just get a Hawke Vantage or Athlon Talos for now. Looking for light and compact with low to med. magnification for backyard and offhand shooting.

Appreciate all the help.

Does everyone like the Cayden? They are on sale $390 and I am looking for a urban rifle.

Thanks

so far I haven't heard of any legit complaints about the Benjamin A.C.K. line up ( Akela, Cayden, Kratos ) I have the Kratos - same rifle, but with a bottle instead of a tube. I really like the look of the Cayden and the Cayden's barrel is 4" longer than the Kratos.

Does everyone like the Cayden? They are on sale $390 and I am looking for a urban rifle.

Thanks

The cayden is a nice rifle for the money. I really like mine. I have had it for 11months no issues, Pellet wise it's not fussy and shoots slugs well. I added the donny fl sumo , and a adjustable butt plate to keep things quiet, and to fine tune eye relief . I found a single shot tray on Ebay (doesn't come with one) I would recommend getting one. PM me and I will give you the seller's name if you want one. I used med size utg quick release scope rings (what I had) they are acceptable, plenty of adjustment with elevation. The cayden is heavy for some, and somewhat long may not be the best choice for urban settings . Take a look at the akela, sister to the cayden also from benjamin It's a bullpup style and would be great for that urban shooting . easier to handle . A moderator would make this super quiet. hope this helps