Benjamin cayden or Kratos?

I have the Cayden, I chose it over the Kratos because I like the looks better, and I believe it's lighter weight as well. The Kratos has an aluminum bottle that probably heavier than the Cayden's air cylinder. It also haas a shrouded barrel, and if I recall, it has baffles already installed, so it would be quieter than the Cayden. I did add a LDC to my Cayden because it was loud right out of the box! Since you are looking at .22, it really comes down to which design you like better. I have a hard time believing the Kratos doesn't have a higher shot count, that air tank on the Kratos is 200cc bigger than the air cylinder on the Cayden!

Reactions: JEHolloway
Both these rifles are not regulated. So the shot count is determined by the tune and how much velocity variation you want to tolerate. I am sure the kratos could get more shots than the cayden but the cayden may come with a better out-of-the-box tune. Absent a tune difference, more air at the same pressure = more shots. There is probably somebody with a Kratos that could give you a good idea how to tune it for more shots.

well to deviate from the going concensus i could care less about shot count, the kratos gets more obviously at the same power level .. two things that are importamt are usage and noise level ...the cayden is likely cheaper so you can put a donny etc on it for the same overall price id say ... and usage, the kratos is geared towards the bench, set it up on some nice rests and get all your equipment out and plink and target and tune in the shade all day .. the cayden is geared more towards the field, its the gun to take to that spot you found in the swamp where the critters are thick lol ..of course either gun can do multiple roles, thats just what theyre best at ...

B31FDCFF-A0F3-43C9-BC16-F600992D3222.1648237163.jpeg

I am happy to own both the Cayden and the Kratos. I shoot 4 magazines per fill from the Kratos and 3 from the Cayden before refilling and get super consistent shot strings. I think the standard deviation on the chrono was like.... 2 or 3 FPS for them. Very impressive for unregulated rifles.
I’ve recently moved and have not unpacked my notebooks with my gun notes in them yet, or I could give you some shot string info for each rifle. I can tell you that I’m shooting jsb 18gr pellets through each of them and they are both like laser guns. 
The Kratos with a donnyfl Shogun has no sound except for the mechanical sound of the rifle. The Cayden is almost as quiet with the Donnyfl Sumo. It has no ping sound at all and is pretty darn loud without the Donny on it.
If you are going to be carrying it through the brush mainly I would suggest the Cayden with a Sumo in your pocket until you get sat down in your hunting spot. The Cayden is just a super solid rifle and a few inches shorter.
The Kratos I like to think of as a poor man’s FX Crown. But there’s nothing “poor” about it. Gorgeous wood, super smooth action, and accuracy that’s well beyond it’s price point. It’s so smooth and accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Every time I get my Kratos out and plink with it I wind up being amazed all over again at the consistency it has. It’s very very easy to burn through a full tin of pellets in one sitting with it, considering how much shooting you get on a tank. 
If you are buying a hunting rifle, go with the Cayden. If you want a bench shooter go with the Kratos. Of course you can use the Kratos for hunting (I have and will again), but the Cayden isn’t going to change point-of impact if you bump it around in the woods. The Kratos just doesn’t have the solid barrel support the Cayden does. Either rifle has more than enough shots per fill to make a great day chasing squirrels. 

Not owning a Kratos, I have no idea how it shoots right out of the box, but I do have the Cayden and it's shot curve is flatter than some of the regulated air guns I own. It shoots the 15.89 grain JSB's at a very consistant average 954 FPS over 10 shots with a spread of only 2 FPS. And it's accurate! I also don't really care about shot count, I can shoot 4 magazines from 3000 psi to 2000 psi, then I refill. All of those 40 shots will be withing a ½" or less radius. Good enough for my purposes! Again, if you need it backyard friendly, the cost will be about the same after investing in an LDC to tame the Cayden.

One thing not yet mentioned is that the Cayden has a slightly longer barrel than the Kratos. You will likely want to shorten the hammer spring from its 3.5” original length. You will get a much better shot string with either Cayden or Kratos in .22 with a hammer spring somewhere between 2.55 and 2.75 inches in length. These rifles are over sprung from the factory and give a steadily declining shot string. It’s a five minute job to shorten the spring and no special tools are required.

The Cayden is as heavy a rifle that I care to deal with while remaining comfortable and not too unwieldily for field use as well as bench work. After performing the hammer spring length reduction mentioned here previously you will get 4 or more mags from a single charge, so like what you said; “Whats the point of the bottle”?

The Cayden is as heavy a rifle that I care to deal with while remaining comfortable and not too unwieldily for field use as well as bench work. After performing the hammer spring length reduction mentioned here previously you will get 4 or more mags from a single charge, so like what you said; “Whats the point of the bottle”?

Exactly Tomygun1 !

With an unregulated rifle, the shot string determines the number of usable shots - rather than the volume of the bottle.

With a 4 magazine nice flat shot string with a Cayden with a 2.7 inch hammer spring, the bottle volume of the Kratos would offer no advantage in .22 caliber. Perhaps it would help a bit in .25 caliber.

Right you are EPG, as I also have a high volume 25cal pcp rifle that nearly gets four mags at full power before drop off.

As FLgunner says “If you get 40 shots under 1/2” then who cares”. In my case I shoot long range at least for air rifles, and my two important ranges for these on my property are 55yds, and 85yds. As set up using various ammo, it remains consistently at 1moa and frequently goes sub moa.

Gotta love the Cayden..
Tom

I have a very nicely stocked Cayden and I have to say I am very impressed with it it shoots just as well as my FX Guns. I added the cf shroud and huggett moderator which I think really completes the look and which I reccommend. I have shot a Kratos and while it's very nice the main reason to get a bottle gun in my mind is if they can be removed with air in them like on my Royale's you can't do with that a Kratos but you can change to a larger or lighter bottle if you wanted. 

I agree with the assessment of others for hunting/field work the Cayden is the way to go for bench/target work the Kratos probably has the edge but I also think it would better off in .25 than in .22. 

Cayden_Shroud.1648442751.jpg

Thanks I got it mostly because the wood was so nice plus I got a screaming deal on it far less than retail so I HAD (haha) to get it and I am glad I did! It's just luck of the draw for the stock you will get all are nice some are outstanding and I was just very lucky mine was on the nicer side. I little orange or similar oil on these stocks does wonders though!