Benjamin caden

I just need to say something about your comment , you’re assuming something and whatever it is was definitely not in my comments so I’m gonna put that out there. Pretty much this is how false rumors start.
Besides I wasn’t talking about a new product anyway.
@Airgun-Revisions I was assuming something. I could be wrong, but I was thinking that Crosman may have discontinued the Cayden perhaps to release an updated Marauder or something to that effect, hence the use of the phrase “may be.”I certainly wasn’t trying to put words into your mouth. I simply may have misinterpreted something that I read. It was a thought, but the thought was mine. If someone starts a rumor based upon my previous post, then that’s on them for running with an incomplete and vague thought.

...a little surprised to see this but not shocked...I thought they would catch on better...what put you off...???...

...I do remember them criticized as overpriced Krals...

...mine has held air for 20+ months and was spot on when I fired it last after sitting 18 months...
Hi Hapo
I was surprised too! When thay first came out the price was lower, I think I paid $430 new for mine. It has been my only rifle for three years! Bummer!

I had nothing against the Craftsman line other than not being USA/North America made. And no .25. But they look to be decent rifles with good specs. But saying that, I am hopeful Crosman will continue to do well and I plan to purchase ASAP a new 3622 :) .

So, does this mean an end to the "Turkish" walnut stocks too? I hope so. I would rather NA beechwood, mesquite, oak, hedge, osage orange, heck, even walnut or glass fiber filled nylon to those. And I have one.

@Airgun-Revisions I was assuming something. I could be wrong, but I was thinking that Crosman may have discontinued the Cayden perhaps to release an updated Marauder or something to that effect, hence the use of the phrase “may be.”I certainly wasn’t trying to put words into your mouth. I simply may have misinterpreted something that I read. It was a thought, but the thought was mine. If someone starts a rumor based upon my previous post, then that’s on them for running with an incomplete and vague thought.
No it was for a bunch of other reasons.
In order to prepare for the future there first must be a great foundation. As old as Crosman is as a company this foundation needs to be tweaked every now and then for the ever changing times we live in. Mainly looking at the industry itself. Crosman makes or market’s way more products then any other Airgun manufacturer in the world. And I’m not just talking airguns. But even so there are air guns that people don’t realize Crosman makes. Bug a salt is one that comes to mind other guns like tranquilizer guns are still being produced for that sector, things like that as well.
A small part of what this foundation can do was evident in the new line of .177 Benjamin pellets. That type of mindset and quality will happen with every Benjamin product going forward and made in America will be back 100%.
On a personal note, supporting the American economy I personally believe is what we should all be doing.

Hi Hapo
I was surprised too! When thay first came out the price was lower, I think I paid $430 new for mine. It has been my only rifle for three years! Bummer!
...glad to see you're still here...the Cayden is one thing we'll have in common...I almost didn't get mine...

...it looks like you could still get another one...

813FDF46-084D-414E-B323-69629974CAAA.jpeg

I actually took my Cayden out today for a walk. I’m sorry to see them being discontinued. Both my Kratos and Cayden have been fantastic rifles. I was disappointed to see them outsourcing Benjamin products at first, but was soon very happy to see that these rifles exceeded my expectations greatly.
I’d rather pack the Cayden through the woods than a Marauder any day. And no marauder I’ve ever had could match the accuracy the Kratos is capable of.
I don’t think losing the Turkish manufacturing option is a good thing for Velocity. Unfortunately they couldn’t bring them to market at a cheaper price point that would’ve made them more attractive to buyers with so many other options now. All the latest offerings from Crosman like the 1077, Prospect, semi-auto Armada etc, are ugly and unrefined and look like a kindergarten kid drew what he thought an “army gun” looked like. Who is designing these things??
Everyone has already beaten Crosman to the table with side levers and adjustable regulators so I think it’ll take more than a long overdue side lever .30 marauder to spur sales like the Discovery and Marauder initially did for them. There’s too much competitor competition out there that are better engineered and at a better price point.

Reactions: ToddGeddes63
...glad to see you're still here...the Cayden is one thing we'll have in common...I almost didn't get mine...

...it looks like you could still get another one...
Still here, still rockin the Cayden.
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a few rebuild kits for the Cayden. I saw one in the classified's, and thought about buying it BUT, this year, I have my sights set on a Brocock Sahara, or if I can swing the extra cash maybe the ghost in .22 with the .30 cal barrel swap. send me a PM and we can catch up.

No it was for a bunch of other reasons.
In order to prepare for the future there first must be a great foundation. As old as Crosman is as a company this foundation needs to be tweaked every now and then for the ever changing times we live in. Mainly looking at the industry itself. Crosman makes or market’s way more products then any other Airgun manufacturer in the world. And I’m not just talking airguns. But even so there are air guns that people don’t realize Crosman makes. Bug a salt is one that comes to mind other guns like tranquilizer guns are still being produced for that sector, things like that as well.
A small part of what this foundation can do was evident in the new line of .177 Benjamin pellets. That type of mindset and quality will happen with every Benjamin product going forward and made in America will be back 100%.
On a personal note, supporting the American economy I personally believe is what we should all be doing.
I agree on most of what you said, but I think that Crosman made a mistake on discontinuing the Cayden. the sporter style rifles are not as popular with the industry but shot more by consumers. As an Example: the gunner: Champane price for beer results. Having shot both, The Cayden is accurate, consistent, and attractive, and other than the shot count blows it away (my opinion). I think that Crosman is missing an opportunity in not offering different stock options, caliber swaps, and upgrades to current models offered. I agree on supporting American brands, to do so the industry needs to source there builds, and our American industry is an outsourced market. So, as consumers we have to pay the price for the mistake of outsourcing and pay higher prices for products that are 100% built in America. Most products are not 100% American produced and made even though Thay claim as much, So to say, "I will only buy 100% made in America" means you will not be buying much of anything, and if you can find 100% American you will pay much more. When it comes industry/manufacturing the only locality is to profit, before country.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I agree on most of what you said, but I think that Crosman made a mistake on discontinuing the Cayden. the sporter style rifles are not as popular with the industry but shot more by consumers. As an Example: the gunner: Champane price for beer results. Having shot both, The Cayden is accurate, consistent, and attractive, and other than the shot count blows it away (my opinion). I think that Crosman is missing an opportunity in not offering different stock options, caliber swaps, and upgrades to current models offered. I agree on supporting American brands, to do so the industry needs to source there builds, and our American industry is an outsourced market. So, as consumers we have to pay the price for the mistake of outsourcing and pay higher prices for products that are 100% built in America. Most products are not 100% American produced and made even though Thay claim as much, So to say, "I will only buy 100% made in America" means you will not be buying much of anything, and if you can find 100% American you will pay much more. When it comes industry/manufacturing the only locality is to profit, before country.
They did not discontinue the Cayden for reasons you mentioned.

Still here, still rockin the Cayden.
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a few rebuild kits for the Cayden. I saw one in the classified's, and thought about buying it BUT, this year, I have my sights set on a Brocock Sahara, or if I can swing the extra cash maybe the ghost in .22 with the .30 cal barrel swap. send me a PM and we can catch up.
...ok, but I'll try to keep it light...I have been distracted...

...great minds must think alike...I have a .22 Ghost HP that I recently decided to keep, and a .30 cal. barrel kit is something I am at least fantasizing aboot...

They did not discontinue the Cayden for reasons you mentioned.
I'm sure Thay had THEIR reasons. I don't agree with it, nor like it, and that's okay. There are plenty of other offerings, so it's not like the Cayden is the only pcp out there. I do plan on buying several reseal kits: I have not had to do anything to it 4 years now, other than load the mags and shoot it! hence the reason for my reply. It was more of a disappointment rant as to the discontinuation.