Benjamin Benjamin Bulldog M357 Impression

Looks to be a great gun< especially for folks without a 3/8 drill, and the inability to operate one, and a way to buy Pitbull, parts.

My Bulldog has been shooting at the m357 power range for several years, and has done so much of the time as a 24 inch barreled carbine. If you have a oem Bulldog 357, don’t sell it to buy a M357, do these steps.

Port the barrel and receiver to .30. Buy a Pitbull power spring and a steel charging handle to cock it.

Ditch the valve return spring as you reassemble.

Save $900+ bucks.

If you have to have the longer pressure tube, buy a Pitbull Airbow pressure tube which is rated higher by some, but not Benjamin, and fill a little higher. Myself the $335 price tag has stopped me. Hopefully the M357 pressure tube will be available at a cheaper cost.

The big news on this platform would be the Bulldog 257 if Benjamin ever gets it out to market.

Regards,

Roachcreek

What’s with the steel charging handle? I have a power spring but just stock charging handle. I’m assuming it can break?

The stock charging handle can bend and break.
Figured that’s what it was. I still need an extended reservoir, de pinger, and possibly a regulator. Not sure how much more power these will provide but I want to get it as powerful as possible first. I’m using all pitbull parts, everything I’ve heard has been good.

Spike down. First Whitetail deer with my Bulldog M357 shooting NSA 110 hollowpoint slugs. About a 55-60 yards shot.
I’ll post more in the hunting forum.

IMG_4079.jpeg

Click the link below for more photos and details on this hunt.

Last edited:
Those JSB's tickling 1,100 FPS have me taking a second look! What is the maximum "minute of raccoon" accuracy potential for this combo?
@Hal4son I’d honestly tune it down for raccoon around 820-920 fps and I think it would be fine. A domed pellet traveling 1000+ fps would likely blow through a raccoon. The JSB .35 pellets shoot well from my .357 Bulldog out to about 55-60 yards before dropping. I haven’t done a lot of pellet shooting with the M357, but from my testing I suspect that they will perform consistently out of this platform within 50 yards. It may have the ability to stretch out to longer distances to its little brother. The truth is that I really can’t say for sure. I’d have to check an old hard drive to look at shot string data for velocities out of my .357 Bulldog, but that velocity range works fine. I used to stack pellets within 40 yards with the .357 Bulldog.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore