• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Bulldog Cocking Lever

Hello all,
I have a situation with my Benjamin Bulldog. The cocking lever will not stay down securely. The slightest touch will cause it to flip outward into the position to be cocked. It doesn’t seat with a solid click sound. After the gun is fired, the lever flips outward. 

The event thatcaused this:
The cocking lever had not been pullled backward far enough, to the maximum distance needed to cock the gun. Later I found that a pellet was lodged between the magazine and the barrel, and two pellets were lodged inside the barrel. I was able to evetnually remove the mag and the pellets. 

Now, the cocking lever handle will not seat into the small groove in the side of the gun. It is possibly 1/8” from reaching it. Additionally, It no longer has a resounding click when the lever is pressed down after being cocked. 

I have checked the oring at the bolt, it’s still there. The bolt does have play in it, but I don’t recall if the amount of movement is the norm for this gun. 

If if anyone has an idea of what is happening, and a solution to repair it, I’d certainly appreciate some suggestions. 

Thanks 

I know this thread is a year old but a couple months ago I started making the levers out of flat rolled steel and sent a few out to guys to try out. Well, they solved all the issues when it came to cocking even with a heavier hammer spring and the power turned all the way up. Unfortunately, a couple guys that have big shops stole my idea from a thread and started producing them this month which completely ran me out of a side business. That being said, you can now buy steel cocking levers and AL alloy from a couple different vendors out there.