Benjamin Benjamin Armada

Hey guys

Say I have been looking at getting another rifle for my son for some NRL22 shooting, for his birthday coming up. I was looking at a 22lr for him, but in my talking with people it would seem that powder and bullets may get hard to find again. So to avoid this and being as I have a ton of pellets and a compressor, ammo and air are not a worry. And being as I am not sure if he is going to be going forwards with the NRL22 with me, I don't want to drop a ton of money into a rifle for him. He is currently shooting an EdGun R5M .177 so he is no stranger at shooting airguns with me, just need something in a higher caliber.

So I was looking at the Armada due to its adjustability and semi light weight. That had me wondering how the accuracy and dependability of the rifle is. Shooting out to 100 yards will be a standards for the rifle. More than likely looking at either the 22 or a 25, but leaning more towards the 22 being as I have plenty of ammo.

So what do you guys think of the rifle over all OR is there another option that would be a good thought? I have been talking with a fellow member here about a Daystate Wolverine and that would be a killer rifle, I just don't want to have the stock or bottle to get scratched on the barricades.

So what do you guys think?

If you're shooting 100yds I would suggest the alternative of a .22 Marauder with the Lothar Walther barrel for accuracy. You can order a Challenger stock if you need it to be pistol grip but you would have to drill the gauge hole in the bottom. There will be many other great suggestions I'm sure but this is mine. Also reduces weight considerably and moves the bias towards the trigger.

20240216_183338.jpg

If you're shooting 100yds I would suggest the alternative of a .22 Marauder with the Lothar Walther barrel for accuracy. You can order a Challenger stock if you need it to be pistol grip but you would have to drill the gauge hole in the bottom. There will be many other great suggestions I'm sure but this is mine. Also reduces weight considerably and moves the bias towards the trigger.

View attachment 436444
The alternative is the armanda..

The alternative is the armanda..
It isn't available with a Lothar Walther barrel which is more accurate than the Crosman barrel. Accuracy was one of his requirements.

He also mentioned weight and this weighs less than an Armada.

He also mentioned not wanting to scratch a wood stock or a bottle. This is synthetic with no bottle.

He also mentioned adjustability and this doesn't sacrifice that. In fact it is more adjustable by total measurement.

As far as extra cost for the stock, I sold my wood stock for $100. The Challenger stock cost $75 shipped. The trigger guard which is not yet installed in this photo was $14 shipped.

I made a suggestion that checked every box. I even said that there will be other great suggestions. Where is yours?

I understand that because I offer so much information that people are going to follow me around trying to prove me wrong all the time. I'm used to it in real life and on the forums and will readily admit when I am wrong. I welcome that because it's one of the ways I learn, but you're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning for that to happen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3Crows
I notice the OP mentioned .25 as a consideration. For his (and his son) purpose I would go with the .22 for more shots. The .25 (I have four custom built .25 Marauders) are air hogs even turned down. They just use more air, no way around it, being a larger bore, heavier pellet. But, the Crosman barrel in the .25 is VERY good. The .22 may not be, cannot say, but the Crosman .25 barrel that comes in the Marauder is a good barrel. It is not a match barrel but it is fine for a hunting rifle which the .25 is. These are five shot groups for my Marauder SL, cannot remember if that was at 30 or 40 yards, I think it was 40. The Urban is a ten shot group, pretty sure at 30 yards:

I might also suggest the AGR hybrid tube if planning to stay unregulated as it reduces weight and shifts the balance point rearward. Or the JSAR aluminum tube as it reduces weight significantly and accommodates a regulator, the AGR hybrid tube will not take a regulator (ID is smaller).

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
The weight I should have been more specific. Looking to keep things under 10lbs, as I can always add weights if needed. The 22lr he is shooting now is a sako quad range and it isn't a light weight.

I am looking at a dedicated nrl22 gun myself. As much as I hate fx I may end up buying a panthera from Utah, as I already have a ton of experience with the rifle. I do know a few other rifles are coming out mid summer as well so I can always wait.

The stock needs to be adjustable. The wood if it isn't anything like a nice walnut or anything I could care less if it gets scratched. It's just the really nice wood I would feel bad about. If my Theoben Rapid Mkii was a little shorter in height he would use that. But with a scope it is a tall rifle.

Hello Team,
I am a low budget shooter and can relate to not wanting to spend a lot of money on a rig. The marauder is a great platform to start with. A used marauder to start with, a custom barrel, polish the barrel, trigger, and hammer assembly. And if you're lucky enough to find a Cothron valve; now that's a solid base.

IMG_20220614_232334 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20220614_232325.jpg

Reactions: woogie_man
It isn't available with a Lothar Walther barrel which is more accurate than the Crosman barrel. Accuracy was one of his requirements.

He also mentioned weight and this weighs less than an Armada.

He also mentioned not wanting to scratch a wood stock or a bottle. This is synthetic with no bottle.

He also mentioned adjustability and this doesn't sacrifice that. In fact it is more adjustable by total measurement.

As far as extra cost for the stock, I sold my wood stock for $100. The Challenger stock cost $75 shipped. The trigger guard which is not yet installed in this photo was $14 shipped.

I made a suggestion that checked every box. I even said that there will be other great suggestions. Where is yours?

I understand that because I offer so much information that people are going to follow me around trying to prove me wrong all the time. I'm used to it in real life and on the forums and will readily admit when I am wrong. I welcome that because it's one of the ways I learn, but you're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning for that to happen.
I gain nothing by trying to prove you wrong, I was under the assumption that the Armadas were AR out fitted marauders with LW barrels, but I was wrong after doing some extra reading. I didn't give any advice on any other platform because the OP mentioned budget and my experience shooting 100yds and out has not been but with 1 budget gun that you pretty much have to win the barrel lottery for. Also I believe does not get made anymore and that is the AEA Varmint/Standard. Other guns I have experience with were all high end, therefore, no suggestion from me. A lot of people tend to not read the posts all the way and decide to just state the exact same thing someone is referring to, so I was pointing out that you were talking about the same gun, but I was wrong, so my bad.