• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Akela 22 Barrel Twist ?

Realize this is old, but couldn't find an answer so thought I'd provide one.

I tried measuring by drawing a line on a cleaning rod pushed through, came up with 18", googling it seems Kral (the contracted manufacturer in Turkey) uses 17.7", so I'm thinking 17.7" (technically 450mm) per revolution is the correct number.

It's a right-hand twist, as i would describe it. If you make a fist and point your right thumb in the direction of travel, your fingers point the direction of rotation (clockwise from the shooter's PoV).

I tried measuring by drawing a line on a cleaning rod pushed through, came up with 18", googling it seems Kral (the contracted manufacturer in Turkey) uses 17.7", so I'm thinking 17.7" per revolution is the correct number.

It's a right-hand twist, as i would describe it. If you make a fist and point your right thumb in the direction of travel, your fingers point the direction of rotation (clockwise from the shooter's PoV).

Its actually 1:16 Benjamin support emailed me i shpuld have posted it
Oh, excellent, thanks! (One more proof that the fastest way to get an answer isn't to ask, it's to post the wrong answer, lol)

What was funny i called and head tech did not know. They took my email and said they had to contact the manufacturer. After a week i finally got the response to confirm twist. I was surprised they initailly did not know. I also contacted Kral and never received a reply
Promote and sell at highest markup. That's all they really need to know. As in they got your money and you got there stuff. Anything after that is just afterthought.... We'll get back to you..

No I only called about the .22 because i need for my ballistics calculator
That was my reason
Promote and sell at highest markup. That's all they really need to know. As in they got your money and you got there stuff. Anything after that is just afterthought.... We'll get back to you..
I dunno, even with my QC issues, it's a nice piece of Turkish Walnut and will clean up nice. It's their Kral manufactured line, i wouldn't give them too hard a time about not having all the primary docs right at hand.

IMO Crosman/Benjamin is one of the best brands, at least if you live in the USA, for value combined with after sales support. They'll help you figure out an issue, look up a part for a repair, or even sit and help figure out parts from 3 different guns to make a Frankenstein's monster of a thing. I don't have much experience with other airgun companies, but I've always been impressed with Crosman's CS

Reactions: Hateful McNasty