• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Benjamin 397C air gun - INQURY

I have discovered what I believe to be a Benjamin 397C air gun in my garage. It has absolutely no visible markings so I identified it via photos on a Google search. It was between the wall studs in the garage when I purchased the house. As such, it’s in pretty bad shape. I tried pumping it and it won’t pump up,. 

My question: is this gun worth restoring? If so, are any parts available? Is there a business that does this? I can do the wood myself but the mechanicals need more expertise.

Thanks…Dan

Baker or Mac1 do great work but with shipping, it can be expensive. I am a bit of a Sheridan fan, and I can say that the 392 and 397 were actually pretty good efforts (do not over pump them). Parts at Baker, Mac1 and other sources will allow you to rebuild. It isn't hard and given the brass construction, you won't have a rusty bore to worry about.

Reactions: beerthief