benjamin .25 marauder slice and dice....b-rod

rjarois

Nov 13, 2017
mi
hello fellas, ran across a b-rod mod, and just had to do....I am going to install a 480 c.c. fx carbon fiber bottle. the adaptor is very good quality. very nice to impress a 40 year machinist, or monkey like me....lols. I am also installing a delrin super hammer, with a tss spring kit. also the regulator is set to 2200 psi. I kept the original air tube as long as possible. kept the over-all same as stock tube with bottle. as I get the parts, I will update as I go along. peace, randy.
sqjbyte.jpg

82w7hI6.jpg

shMBY7R.jpg

JKbAjza.jpg

BlOqVdL.jpg

dAoOPNS.jpg

Gm21DNX.jpg

also the instructions say to drill clearance holes for the thread body....I drilled for the head dia. as to be like the stock valve mount screws......

Reactions: NMshooter
brian, I am hoping the new tss and hammer will perform good..... as far as the reg, I know the tube will show the 2200 psi, but I'm not to sure about the one on the adapter reg....also I have opened all the ports up from .140 (stock) to .151 dia. I'm not sure about the port size, but figured It should be a little bit better. I am gonna start cutting on the stock, looks like it wont take much at all. will update as I go. randy.

"rjarois"brian, I am hoping the new tss and hammer will perform good..... as far as the reg, I know the tube will show the 2200 psi, but I'm not to sure about the one on the adapter reg....also I have opened all the ports up from .140 (stock) to .151 dia. I'm not sure about the port size, but figured It should be a little bit better. I am gonna start cutting on the stock, looks like it wont take much at all. will update as I go. randy.
The gauge on the regulator will show the tank pressure.
If you want high power from that .25 I would open those ports up to at least .187 (that's 75% of the bore)

I would watch that gauge on gun after you shoot and see how long it take for the regulator to recover to set pressure. Also note the pressure when you put it away and then look at it again in the morning. I had one of those JDSAirman regulators and it was junk. Slow recovery and Horrible creep of like 200psi (IIRC) over night.
If you disassemble that reg you will see it is identical to the cheapie Chinese ones. If it were me I'd upgrade to a USA made Ninja.

"BigTinBoat"
"rjarois"brian, I am hoping the new tss and hammer will perform good..... as far as the reg, I know the tube will show the 2200 psi, but I'm not to sure about the one on the adapter reg....also I have opened all the ports up from .140 (stock) to .151 dia. I'm not sure about the port size, but figured It should be a little bit better. I am gonna start cutting on the stock, looks like it wont take much at all. will update as I go. randy.
The gauge on the regulator will show the tank pressure.
If you want high power from that .25 I would open those ports up to at least .187 (that's 75% of the bore)
I would watch that gauge on gun after you shoot and see how long it take for the regulator to recover to set pressure. Also note the pressure when you put it away and then look at it again in the morning. I had one of those JDSAirman regulators and it was junk. Slow recovery and Horrible creep of like 200psi (IIRC) over night.
If you disassemble that reg you will see it is identical to the cheapie Chinese ones. If it were me I'd upgrade to a USA made Ninja.

will do big tin boat....I will keep a close eye on it. thank-you for your input. I am very new to this hobby. peace, randy.

I’ve only been doing air rifles for the last year. But I’m heavy into other types of rifles and pistols however my first gun was a Red Ryder B.B. gun that was a family hand me down. What really got me into it is that you don’t need a 1000 yard range for long distance shooting I was traveling 3 hours to find a range to improve my sniper skills, now it just 45 minutes and sometimes my yard is even big enough. What I’ve discovered its more of a challenge and personal satisfaction to build a great shooter than to buy one that’s pretuned and competition ready. I currently only own 5 PCP and their new cost was $350 to $2000 what I like to do is see how they shoot out of the box and then work on improving that. Sometimes I look just for most accurate shots per fill other times I tune for power and distance the trick is figuring out how to consistently jump back and forth between setups with repeatable results. I guess I got the bug ang I love this.

ok, I finally got the gun done, man waitin on parts held up my project. aired up to 3600psi. with the regulator set to 2000psi. I set tune to shoot at 850 feet per sec. and then shot a 8 shot group @10 yds. all I can do in the house. next I will shoot some shot strings, as of now I think I will get plenty of 850fps shots. man this has been a big learning curve for my new hobby. i will test very soon and post results. peace, randy.
EELjFlG.jpg

goCQIEs.jpg

You say the regulator is set to 2200 PSI. I would consider that low in my gun based on the pellets I shoot. I have high FPE .25 rifles but my Synrod is tuned for accuracy and long shot string. Mine is tuned for JSB 33.95 at 850 FPS which was actually the sweet spot for both accuracy AND reasonable FPE. Fill to 2700. [ Hill valve, port .161 and hill hammer with a ART TSS }

Also, would be interested in knowing how long you actually made your airtube.

Its a good looking mod!

kinetic, the air tube length is 12.500 in. long. I made it the same over length as with the original air tube with the adaptor and bottle. I wanted to keep as much of the air tube as possible, for max air. I got the carbon bottle from talon tunes, and its a 480cc fill. so I'm figuring the total air is around 590cc total air. I am going to tune to a faster velocity, and check the shot strings. I ran machines all my life, so the mod was very easy and natural to me.

So have you calculated the cc between the valve and the regulator? ie: air available for a shot?

You did not mention it but replacing the gage port or machining it more open is useful... Check out the Hill, it's what I decided on after consideration.

And did you keep the stock depinger? Note: that I kept the stock depinger but also installed the straight bottle brush mod

no I didn't calculate nothin....just kinda guessing....ther is like about 5 in. of tube in front of gauge port. yea I kept the stock depinger. so as I think about it, its only about 25% of the stock tube air I saved. anyhow the total is around 550cc. as far as a new valve, I'm happy with the velocity is has now....its one small hole @10 yds, randy.