• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

benjamin .25 dome pellet

I'm not impressed with this pellet. When I bought my mrod, I also purchased 4 tins of jsb pellets and I've always used jsb. When I started to run low, I purchased 170 dollars worth of jsb pellets. A few weeks ago I was on the Wal-Mart web site and noticed they had the benjamin .25 dome pellets. I've read other people have had good luck with this pellet so I decided to give it a try. I'm here at my in-laws and out of 100 shots, I've only got three birds and I got them within 35 yards. Everything beyond 40 yards I've missed every shot. Missing almost every single shot really makes for a bad day and messes with your moral. I don't get why I missed almost every shot with this pellet. I was really hoping they would do well in my gun because they cost 6 dollars less then the jsb's. I guess you get what you pay for. I went back to my trusty jsb's and on my first clip I got 6 birds out of 8 and all of them over 70 yards. Next clip it was 7 out of 8 birds, and then 8 for 8. My longest kill was at 109 yards. Does anyone else have any experience with the benjamin .25 dome pellets?

"wyshadow"Yes. I know the pellet is heavier then the jsb's and at 50 yards the pellets dropped about 2.5 inches
Well Benjamin domes hit high and right of where JSBs hit when I shoot them. Different factors other than weight affects the POI of different pellets. I also have a Hatsan AT44 and it shoots the Benjamin pellets well, but again, they hit at a different POI from other pellets. I would do a zero of the pellets and see how they group before declaring that they are not accurate. You might find you have another good pellet to turn to other than JSBs.

"Nomadic Pirate"Benjamin .25 Domes have proven very accurate in several guns, I know of someone shooting them at 1000 FPS out of a TJ.250 barrel and getting dimes at 50 yards.

I personally had very, very good luck with those pellets out of several guns.
Right you are. I shoot them at around 950 fps and they're just as accurate as when I shoot them at 900 fps. I chronied them at 50 yards and they were still carrying more energy than the JSBs. Even though the JSBs had a faster speed at the muzzle, at 50 yards the Benji domes were faster.

To answer your question - they are very accurate for me from my rifle.
Real world (out of this world :) ) accuracy. 3 shots each at 50 yards with L to R; Predators, Benjamin domes, Baracuda/Kodiaks, JSB Kings. Only 12 shots fired after initial sighting and painting out.
Benjamin domes on the pig.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1417668670

These were sent to me by another shooter in USA. Unfortunately they are not sold in Australia or I would buy a good stock.

In trying to be helpful, along with other respondents, a question: how did you set your rifle up to ensure that the scope axis is directly aligned above the barrel's bore exit? 
Strange things can happen if that is not achieved. Barrels may be bent, bores may be drilled off-center. Apart from luck, it is nearly impossible to get it precisely right by just looking through the scope and lining up the cross hairs to dissect the view at 12, 3, 6, 9 0'clock, even if the action is leveled with a bubble.. So how did you set it up?

However, as others have implied, just shooting for groups will tell you if your rifle is accurate with the pellets. If it will not group the pellets then - end of story. If it groups them but to a different vertical plane to other "good" pellets, then there are two things that can help.
One is to "index" the barrel, but that is not always easily achieved in most rifles. ( See other posts here about indexing barrels).
The other is to ensure the scope axis is directly above the bore exit and in parallel.
Of course if you have a pellet that shoots as you wish it to shoot, then the simple thing is to just go with those regardless of cost..
Kind regards, Harry..

Reactions: scotty